Squad Stuff [chapter 19]

Levi told you and Eren how the two of you got to stay in an old building that the scouts reclaimed a while back along with the new squad. You hadn't met any of your new squad members yet, and you were less than happy to. McShorty said we had to ride our horses with them to our temporary home.

(i'm totally blanking out on this part of the anime so i'm kinda making it up as i go. this is fun🙂)

"Hurry up," Levi said to you as you untied your horse, "We'll leave without you if you don't.

"Well I'm sorry I usually run to places," you huffed while winning the fight against the leash and releasing it from its prison, also known as hooks.

"And we're off," Levi taunted, making you rush onto your horse, only to turn around and see everyone still sitting there.

"You're so annoying," you scowled.

"Whatever brat. No we're off for real this time," Levi said before snapping the reigns to his horse.

Everybody followed his actions, you being the last one, yet you still managed to pass everyone quickly. You got bored of riding fast so you slowed down your pace to match with Eren's.

"How did you get your horse to go so fast?" was the first question Eren asked when he was sure you would be able to hear him.

"You constantly apply pressure in different areas so it makes you feel lighter to the horse, and the lighter you feel the faster the horse gallops," you replied. (idk how this works but just go with it)

"Hey newbies, you better-" some man started to say but bit his tongue before he could finish.

"And that's why you don't talk while riding your horse," the only other girl sighed.

"I can talk just fine with out bitting my tongue, see? I think this man just has really bad luck or sucks at riding horses. He seems like the type of guy that's all bark no bite. Also, why is he looking at me like that? He looks like Eren when he's talking about titans," you said while pointing at the tongue biter.

"Because you were insulting him?" Eren said like it was to most obvious thing in the world.

"Well fuck me in the ass for not knowing he was a crybaby," you huffed.

"He's not a crybaby, you just insult people too much," Eren sighed.

"No I don't," you furrowed your brows.

"Do too."

"Do not."

"Do too."

"Do not."

"Do too."

"Do n-"

"You brats better shut up or I'm shoving my foot down your throats," Levi scowled from the front.

"But we need a winner!" you whined.

"Just race or something," Levi replied.

"Great idea," you smirked, knowing you had this one in the bag. (i got the horses in the BAG. bye i'm too weird)

"Not a great idea!" Eren shouted.

"On the count of three," you ignored him, "Anyone wanna count us off?"

"I guess I'll do it," the girl from before volunteered.

"3."

"2."

"1."

And just like that, you were racing. This one was obviously going to you judging from how quickly you passed your other two squad members. You were now hot on Levi's trail, closing in by the second.