Recruit Hints [chapter 38]

"Hey dad~?" you sung as you skipped into Levi's office.

It was the middle of the night and the only people that were up at these ungodly hours were you and Levi.

"What?" he asked, not looking up from his paperwork once.

"Have you picked the members that are going to be in your new squad yet?" you asked.

"Yeah," Levi let out a sigh as he put down his pen and looked up at you for the first time, "But I don't know if it's the right decision. Any of them could die at any point, and the blood would be on my hands for choosing them."

"There really isn't much you can do if they die except accept the fact. It wasn't your fault they ended up dead more the titan that killed them's fault," (grammar? don't know her) you replied while flopping down on his couch next to the bookshelf as you started looking for an interesting book, although many of the books were about boring math stuff.

"Whatever. Anyways, how do you think I should break the news for my recruits?" Levi asked while running his hand through his hair.

"In a cake!" you said excitedly.

"You just want cake, don't you?" Levi asked while narrowing his eyes at you.

You avoided eye contact, reverting your gaze to the floor. "Pft- what would give you that idea..." you asked in a not-so-convincing tone.

"You find new ways to disappoint me every single day. Honestly, it can be considered a talent at this point," Levi said, letting out a rare chuckle.

"Thank you, thank you," you said as you bowed your head twice.

"No get out kid, I have things to do, and you have sleep to catch up on," Levi said as he flicked his hand in your direction while turning back to his paperwork.

"Yes sir, see you tomorrow sir!" you saluted all serious-like, but broke the act when you burst out laughing for no reason.

"Night," Levi said as you left the room.

You walked to your room, sitting on your bed once you arrived. Silence consumed the place as you were the only one there since Levi was probably sleeping in his office and Eren was in his cell.

"This kinda makes me feel lonely..." Marlin trailed off.

"You and me both," you replied.

"Sleep?" Marlin asked.

"Sleep," you confirmed before actually going to sleep, well after some tossing and turning that is.

//Timeskip because sleeping is boring//

"Good morning," you said as you entered the room where Levi and Eren ate with you later than usual, "God has let me live another day, and I am here to make that everybody's problem."

"A simple good morning would do," Levi commented.

"Well where's the fun in that?" you asked while plopping down next to Eren.

"Good morning," Eren yawned while rubbing his eyes.

You took some food off of Eren's plate, being too lazy and not hungry enough to get up and get your own. Eren didn't seem to mind since taking food from him was just something he got used to you doing.

"Anyways, did you figure out how you're gonna tell the new recruits?" you asked as you leaned into Eren's arm a little.

"Yes, just simply asking them," Levi replied.

"But that's soooo boring!" you whined.

"New recruits? You've decided who's going to be on our squad now?" Eren asked.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure I have the people I want figured out," Levi replied while picking over his food, something he does only when something is on his mind.

"Chill out, I'm sure everything will turn out fine," you said as you picked up on his nervous habit.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. I thinking about telling them today..." Levi trailed off as he popped a piece of fruit in his mouth.

"Do it, do it! I'm getting bored with only the three of us here," you chirped.

"Also, we're getting a new base, but the details still have yet to be figured out," Levi added.

"Aww man, I kinda liked this place," you pouted a little before perking back up.

"That sucks. Anyways, when you're done with breakfast go take care of your horse. Yeager, you're getting a new horse today, it should be here in the next hour or so," Levi stated before getting up and leaving.

"You should let me name your horse," you nodded while looking up at Eren with sparkles in your eyes and a cheeky grin on your face.

"Are you going to name him or her something weird?" your boyfriend asked while narrowing his eyes at you in suspicion. (bf feels so weird to write...)

"Nooooo," you dragged out the 'o' while looking away in slight guilt.

"Totally makes me trust you more," Eren chuckled sarcastically before grabbing your hand and standing up. "Shall we?"

"We shall," you said with a nod as Eren led you to the stables.

"What would you name my horse?" Eren asked as you grabbed some food for Birdie from the storage closet.

"Hmm," you thought for a moment, "Maybe Sir Froggie."

Eren smiled at your name, "I guess you can name my horse."

"Kacchow!" you shouted as you pumped your fists in the air as a sign of victory.

"Now hurry up and feed your horse, I'm sure Birdie is hungry," Eren ushered as he helped you haul the bag of feed over to your horse.

sorry this chapter is short but i have skool work. also i don't think i will be able to update tomorrow, but ig i'll try. neways i hope everyone is doing alright!