Injuries [chapter 30]

You were riding in the back of the wagon with Eren and Mikasa, Eren still knocked out form his transformation. Everyone seems down, but who could blame them considering the amount of people that died today.

"This was a loss," you said to yourself as you threw an eyeball that was rolling around out of the wagon.

You let out a sigh, turning around to look at Eren's sleeping figure. You started playing with his hair, watching as he leaned into your touch.

Cute.

"I wonder if our other friends are all right..." you mumbled.

"Last time I checked, they were," Mikasa said, scaring you a little as you thought no one heard you.

"That's good to hear," you replied.

"Hey y/n?" Mikasa asked.

"Yeah?" you hummed.

"Did you mean it when you called Eren your husband, or were you just joking around?" she asked with a ghost of a smile.

You immediately flushed, embarrassed that she actually heard you, "You heard that...?"

"Yup," she replied, popping the 'p' ever so slightly.

"...Next question," you said quickly.

"No, no we're talking about this," Mikasa said.

"No," you whined.

"Too bad," she said while pouting and rubbing her eyes like she was crying, sort of in a mocking manner.

"You gossip whore," you said while narrowing your eyes at her.

"You can call me whatever you want, I'm going to squeeze the answers out of you," Mikasa said while putting her cheek in her hand.

"Fine, but only until Eren wakes up," you groaned.

"Yes," Mikasa squealed in victory, surprising you with that reaction.

"What do you want to know?" you asked her.

"Do you like him?" Mikasa asked whilst pointing at Eren.

You looked down at the boy who was sleeping, you still playing with his hair, "Yeah..."

"What exactly is your relationship with him?" Mikasa asked.

"Friends," you replied.

"You say they yet the two of you do those weird couple things, like holding hands. You even kissed him once. Granted, it was on the forehead, but a kiss is a kiss," Mikasa said.

"I-" you started to say, but heard Eren groaning and felt him starting to stir awake. "Looks like sleeping beauty woke up right on time," you said as your wagon entered the walls.

"Don't call me that," Eren grumbled as he tried to sit up.

"That's probably not a good idea," you commented, noticing Eren's attempt in sitting up, "You're still weak from transforming."

"I can do whatever I want," Eren glared at you.

You let go of him and out your hands up in defeat. You watched as he tried to sit up again, only to fall on his back with a grunt.

"Keep trying," you said to him with a smirk.

"Shut up," he grumbled, doing the opposite of what you said and laying down.

"I'll take this as a win. That makes the score, what? 102-103, the wins in my favor?" you asked.

"Mhm," Mr.Grumpypants hummed angrily.

"Yo, what if I set something on fire?" you asked out of the blue, looking around at things you wanted to see in flames.

"Pyromaniac much," Eren said with his brows furrowed.

"Ok, but you can't deny that fire looks like a pretty flower," you said while looking down at the boy.

"Yeah, a flower that can burn you," Eren replied while reaching up and flicking your forehead.

"You two act like little kids," Mikasa chuckled.

"He's just a big baby," you pouted while pointing at the brunette.

"I am not a baby. If anybody's a baby, it's you," Eren huffed.

"Am not!"

"Are too!"

"Am not!"

"Are too!"

"Am n-"

"Oh my gosh, shut up," the person steering the cart said annoyed.

"Whatever," you grumbled before looking out of the cart to see your horse, "Birdie!"

You horse looked at you, responding to the name she had gotten used to within a few days. Birdie neighed, shaking her head a little.

"Birdie?" Mikasa skied while trying to find a bird.

"Yeah, my horse!" you said excitedly.

"You named your horse..." Mikasa started, giving you the most confused look you had ever seen in your life, "...Birdie?"

"I know, I know. It's an amazing name," you joked.

"Why would you name your horse Birdie?" Mikasa asked.

"To fuck with people," you said, this conversation being oh so familiar.

"Hop out," the person driving the wagon said to you and Mikasa as you arrived at the infirmary.

"Sometimes I forget that I have to help other people out," you said to Mikasa as you hopped out of the wagon and slung someone with a messed up leg over your shoulder.

"Be careful!" someone screeched at you, "You're going to hurt him if you're not!"

"I know how blood flows, and from the way I'm carrying him I'm actually slowing his amount of blood loss," you replied as you strutted into the infirmary.

"Hello nurse, I have come back again. I know you're probably tired of seeing me, but this time I didn't get injured!" you chirped as you walked into the room of the nurse that always tended to your's and Eren's wounds, which meant the two of you were in here a lot. Yeah, you and the brunette were accident prone.

"Well that's good to hear, but please set the person you're carrying down on one of the beds and wrap his leg after cleaning it properly," the nurse instructed as she knew you could do that job without being watched since you watched her do it many times and she even allowed you to clean out wounds since you usually came in with something bleeding.

"Yes ma'am," you replied while you rushed around the room, collecting the supplies you needed.

You and the nurse worked as a team, tending to people's needs quickly before moving on to the next person. Many were surprised at how cooperative you were being and how quick you were moving. They had never seen you so focused, but many liked this more responsible side of you.

Then you got to your captain who had some sort of ankle injury. He always told you to be careful, oh how the tables have turned.

"Hello dad," you said as you put down the bandages and crouched down to look at his ankle.

"I didn't know you could be responsible," Levi teased.

"I didn't know that I would be the one to help you with a wound instead of the other way around," you countered.

Levi stayed silent for a moment, "Yeah, I should've seen that one coming."

"Probably," you chuckled, "Now stop moving so I can wrap your dumb ankle."