The Outside [chapter 8]

"Here we are," Armin said while showing us his secret hideout that he used to go to when he wanted to read alone but the library had people in it. It was a spot near the library, but very well hidden from others. There was a blanket, probably from Armin's previous visit.

It was behind the building next to the library. There was a whole bunch of hay there for some reason. There was a wall of a building on one side, the hay on a second, empty crates that were stacked up on the third, and the fourth wall-like structure to the fort was just another building's wall. There was a small gap on the side of where the crates were, making a opening for the spot. The area wasn't too big, but also wasn't too small. There would be enough room for the four of you to fit, but you would all have to be super close, making it feel cramped.

"This is alright," you mumbled while watching Armin sit down in his own spot, putting his knees to his chest to make as much room as possible.

"Ladies first," Eren said to you while letting go of your hand to let you sit down first. You did, sitting cross-cross with the book resting on your legs and your back to one of the building walls.

"Mikasa," Eren said gesturing for her to sit down next. The only reason Eren didn't sit down before anyone else was because he wanted to see everyone else's sitting position so he could adjust to them. When Mikasa sat down, she made as much room as she could for Eren, but he would definitely feel uncomfortable if he sat there.

"Scoot up," Eren said to you.

You did as asked moving up enough for a pillow to be placed behind you. Instead of a pillow though, Eren put himself behind you, you sitting in between his legs. He was very close, but you didn't really mind because it just meant more room for everyone. You leaned back into him, not wanting to have to sit up the whole time the four of you were hanging out.

"They like each other," Mikasa whispered to Armin with a grin.

"It's just a matter of time before the two of them start dating," Armin whispered back.

(Ight so i'm making mikasa look at EreH like a brother for plot reasons cos i don't wanna have to deal with jealousy)

"Have all of you read this book before?" you asked them, putting the illegal book in the middle of the circle you guys kind of formed.

"Yeah, when we were younger, but it's been a while," Eren answered, you being able to feel the heat from his voice on your neck.

"There are many things that this book talks about, all of it about the world outside the walls!" Armin said excitedly while flipping through the pages in the book.

"That rock looks really big," you admired with sparkles in your eyes.

"That's called a mountain. Some of them can take days to climb," Mikasa said with a ghost of a smile on her face.

"What about that?" you asked pointing at a thing called, dessert? Why would dessert look like that, it's supposed to be something like cake.

"That's a desert. It has fields of sand like it's grass," Armin replied to you while pointing out a few passages from the book that explained more about the land mass.

"And that's the sea! It has so much salt that a man could spend his whole lifetime trying to get the salt out, but still never get all of it. One day we're all going to look at it, we're all going to look at the world that this book describes," Eren said while leaning his head on your shoulder from behind.

"There's no way this is real. It all seems like a fairytale," you said while looking at all the wonders of the outside world.

"Then we'll just have to test that theory out," Eren whispered, everyone hearing him.

"Hey, Eren?" you asked. He hummed in response while picking up his head, turning it to you, and placing it back down on your shoulder.

"If we do end up beating the titans, what do you think will happen next?" you asked him.

"Well, for starters we would take back the land they stole from us before, and then probably explore the outside world and find all of the places in that book," he replied while pointing at the book he mentioned.

"That sounds nice," you said in a low tone.

"It might take awhile, but we are all going to find the sea," Armin said with a huge smile plastered on his face.

The four of you continued looking through the book, picking and choosing which places you would like to see the most. Eren would occasionally hum a song into your shoulder or the side of your neck whenever he wasn't talking and just listening to you three, mainly you and Armin, talk about the places on the other side of the wall. At some point in time, Eren had wrapped his arms around your waist, but you didn't seem to notice. He stayed like that for the rest of the time, enjoying how comfortable the position was.

"I'm tired," Mikasa said with a yawn. Nobody had realized their eyes were starting to feel heavy until Mikasa spoke up.

"Guess we should wrap things up for tonight," you said with a slight sigh. "Armin, do you want to take the book this time?"

"Uh, sure," Armin replied.

"We should do this again sometime," Eren mumbled into your shoulder.

"Yeah," you replied with a genuine smile.

The four of you started to get up, Mikasa first, then Armin, then you so Eren could get up, and finally Eren. You guys started to walking to your bunk, considering yours was the closest and on the way to the others beds.

"Too tired! Cant carry on," you whined with a smirk, faking being too tired to walk. Part of it was the truth, and the other part was because you just didn't feel like walking, and you were hoping one of them would give you a piggy-back ride.

"I'm sure you're fine," Eren said while waving you off.

"But I'm not," you said dramatically, "I'm going to die!"

"You're so stupid," Eren said with a chuckle before crouching down, letting you know you were allowed on his back.

"Thank you, fair sir," you said before jumping on his back, him hooking his arms around your legs so you could have extra support.

"Crazy," Eren mumbled with a snicker before going back to walking to the beds with you on his back.

"Bet you can't make it to my bunk in under a minute," you challenged Eren.

"I don't think that's a good id-" Armin started to say, but was cut off by Eren.

"You're on!" Eren yelled before sprinting towards the room with you on his back.

"50 seconds," you said to him, letting him know you were actually keeping track of time.

"I'm gonna make it," he replied.

"40 seconds," you replied, the bunk coming into view.

"I win again~" Eren sung out. You started laughing a little at the childishness the two of you were displaying.

"I guess you do, but it won't happen again," you replied.

"Sure," he said back.

"I have arrived on my noble steed," you said in a formal tone while hopping off of Eren once you reached the destination.

"Good night, idiot," Eren said with a smile before ruffling your hair and leaving to his bed.

"I'm not an idiot!" you yelled after him before going inside to go to sleep.

"How was your night?" one of the gossip whores- I mean girls you share a room with asked.

"Meh. I'm going to sleep. Keep your volume down because if you don't, well I'm sure you know," you threatened before hopping in your bed and going to sleep.

"You like him~" Marlin teased, once again coming to terrorize you.

"Do not. Say it one more time and I will kill myself," you replied, earning a laugh from Marlin, all in your head of course.