Training Accident [chapter 10]

"Is she dead!?" was the first thing you heard after becoming fully conscious, well kind of. Your eyes were still shut and you could barely move properly. (i'm sorry but i have to do this. they be like: mrs. Keisha? mrs. keisha? omfg she fucking dead)

"She's not dead! I can see her breathing!" Armin yelled out.

Now you may be wondering what happened, yeah you definitely are...

//Flashback to 30 minutes ago//

"Cadet l/n, you will be leading the exercise this time! I assume you know how it's done?!" the commander yelled out from the front of the group, you where in the way back of 100 something people.

"Got it!" you yelled back, starting to move to the front.

It was a simple run through the forest. We were going to run the normal trail, nothing out of the ordinary, but your luck said no❤️.

"No breaks for anybody! The last person back has cleaning duty for the rest of the week!" the commander yelled while making his way towards the exit where he would be waiting for everybody on the other side.

"I'm not slowing down the pace for anyone, if you really need help give me your bag!" you yelled as you got to the front.
"Got that!?"

"Yes ma'am!" you heard many people yell out, most out of respect, but your friends yelled it out in a teasing manner.

"Let's move it!" you yelled while starting off by jogging. You always did that, gradually picking up your pace so people could condition themselves for when you started sprinting.

"Should I be a little cruel today?!" you asked, not caring what the majority of the answers were as you were planning to be cruel anyways.

"No!" Eren yelled out immediately, many following his action.

"Was that a yes, Eren?!" you yelled out.

"I hate you!" he yelled back, catching on to the fact that you didn't plan on taking no as an answer.

"Alright, I'm gonna start sprinting! Don't push yourself too hard if you can't keep up with me!" you yelled before running at a faster pace that would make the exercise for the others harder.

"You're so annoying," Eren said before starting to sprint as well.

There were more people keeping up with you than planned. The people you expected were Mikasa and Annie, but those were the only two. Boy were you wrong. Your whole friend group was keeping up, including Armin and Christa. The two blondes had evolved so much since the first time they had to do this exercise. The biggest surprise of it all was Eren and Jean getting in front of Mikasa and Annie. They were directly behind you, closing in on you even.

"Guys slow down!" you heard Reiner yell, starting to get concerned with how close the boys were getting to you.

"No! I have to beat Jean!" Eren yelled back.

"And I need to beat Eren!" Jean added on.

"Ok, but if you don't slow down you're going to crash into y/n!" Armin exclaimed also getting worried.

"Don't worry, I can just speed up!" you yelled back.

"You can go faster?!" you heard Connie yell in shock and horror.

"Yeah, but it will eat away at my stamina quickly!" you yelled back before running even faster.

"y/n, they sped up too!" Sasha yelled causing you to look over you shoulder. She was right, they we steadily getting faster.