Tension [chapter 7]

"I'm just saying it's a possibility," you said while raising your hands in a defensive state.

"No it's not," Eren replied while stealing the potato on your plate and stuffing it in his mouth.

"I have to agree with Eren on this one," Bertold said to you.

You were currently having dinner, taking your time because training was canceled for tomorrow. You were eating with the people you normally ate with; those being Eren, Mikasa, Armin, Marco, Annie, Bertold, Reiner, Sasha, Connie, Jean, Ymir, and Christa. They were pretty lively, making a few exceptions for Mikasa, Ymir, and Annie, but they still participated occasionally.

"Not you too," you whined while taking the bread off of Eren's plate in return.

"y/n, I don't think there is a single being alive capable of eating through their nose," Armin said with a sigh, wondering how you can be so smart but stupid at the same time. It was like he was talking to 2 completely different people.

"Key word, think," Connie replied. Sasha and him were the only ones on your side for this argument.

"Your stupidity surprises me more everyday," Annie joined in, not knowing how you could come up with ideas like the ones you do.

"Ouch," you fake-pouted, "Anyways, I was thinking of maybe doing a quick workout tomorrow, so if anybody wants to join they can."

"Nah, it's one of our few days off, and I don't think people really want to do more training than we already have to do. This is like a resting day," Eren said.

"This is why you're a bad cadet," you replied while taking a sip from your drink.

"Excuse me?" Eren asked, clearly offended by your statement.

"Are you deaf or something? I said you're a bad cadet," you said slower, mocking him slightly.

"You are the worst human being in the world. At least I have a better personality than you," Eren said with furrowed eyebrows. Everybody at the table was just observing, trying to see where this argument was going.

"Your personality is just you making up for something you lack," you said looking at the lower parts of his body.

Reiner started choking on his food, immediately understanding what you were saying, while it took the others a few seconds to comprehend.

"That's not very nice," Armin said while trying to hold back laughs.

"Eren's dignity? Nonexistent," Connie said while wheezing.

"She did not," Jean said, barely audible due to his laughter.

"One, that's not true. And two, you have no room to talk, no-boobs," Eren argued back, causing even more laughter from the table.

"I may not have boobs, but I at least don't have voice cracks 5 times a day," you said, rather aggressively, moving a little closer towards Eren's face.

"That is natural, and you have no room to talk. Being able to deep throat a banana isn't natural, that takes practice," Eren defended and attacked, also moving closer to your face.

The two of you kept arguing until you were a few centimeters away from one another, foreheads almost touching. The others had stopped laughing a while ago, more intrigued with how close the two of you were to each other, regardless of the arguing going on between you and the brunette.

"Are they about to kiss right now?" Marco asked, being as quiet as possible, but you and Eren still heard.

You both realized how close you actually were, and stopped arguing. You both stayed silent for a couple seconds, eyes widening at the sight of the other being so close. Eren started blushing like a mad man, while you controlled your blush, sending it to the tips of your ears. The redness in your ears didn't go unnoticed by anyone at the table, well except for Eren who was avoiding eye contact at all cost.