Chapter 32- Invitation

Gym Class Heroes ft Adam Levine- Stereo hearts.

Chapter dedicated to Jasmine.

That's April from their dorm.

OoO
Ashanti opens up the envelope only to see several sheets of paper- Invoices.

" What in the world are those?" Eraadjoa asks in bewilderment as she zips up her full lunch bag.

" Invoices." Ashanti replies as she goes through one of them.

" Wait...you work?" Ha Won wonders.

" Let's just say I make some decisions in my family's company." She explains, " This is one of them. It's for an innocence project for victims of child abuse and people who are wrongly convicted."

" That sounds like a whole lot of... I don't wanna curse you know." Veronica chuckles.

" It's fun for me though." Ashanti defends and walks back to her opened box shoving the mail into a pouch in her lunch bag.

" Enough of the drama now get your stuff and be out in five!" Vera orders from the doorway where she was standing bored listening to their conversation.

OoO
Monday came with frantic students walking towards the durbar grounds for that morning's assembly. After a prayer and several hymns, the senior house mistress mounts the podium to the surprise of most students especially the freshmen since most of them hadn't seen much of her from her air-conditioned office she was always cooped up in.

She clears her throat and the entire student body goes dead silent. This was the first time that semester that she had seen the entire student body garbed in the full uniform, necktie, vests, sweaters and all because of the chill that morning.

" Hello students," She greets and they all chorus a greeting," Good morning Mrs Wilberforce!"

" Good morning to you too, well let's cut to the chase. As you might have noticed on the school's Entertainment Billboard, there is going to be a social function for all highschools in the country this Saturday and Nelesco has the privilege of holding it. As some of you may already know, no school authority figure is to be present at that particular event. It was first initiated by the Ministry of Gender and Children Affairs to prove to you our dear teenagers that we trust you at this stage of your life and we trust that you have a clear sense of judgement when it comes to right and wrong. As usual, only fifty invitations are extended to each school and fifty extra students are also invited by the attached Protocol invite and so it is an honor to actually receive one. We always diligently pick out four outstanding, mature and influential students to be our eyes at this event just so nothing gets out of hand. This year, we have Adam Olivant, Federico Sekani, our very own boys' prefect Ekow Blankson and Naana Humphrey." The boys in the crowd cheer loudly with the mention of each name, " Thank you all for your attention, Great Nelson!!" She calls out and they all recite the school's motto, " The Mind is a terrible thing to waste!"

After a few announcements, everyone is dismissed for class.

First period was Physics and everyone was exceptionally early for Sir Francis's classwork on Kinematics and also to copy each other's homework before submitting it at exactly 7:45am.

Kate had the books of everyone who had submitted their books on her table but somehow, some of the class members had managed to steal the books of most of the smart students from the stack and we're copying their work. It was when she gave up and decided to send the books anyway that they all started chasing her with their books, because if your book isn't part of the stack Kate submits, Sir Francis wouldn't grade it. He'd grade it as a late submission.