Chapter 43- Recess

Kendrick Lamar ft Sza- All the Stars.

That's Efua up there

Chapter dedicated to Joycelyn Acquah.

There was a tensed atmosphere hanging at their sitting place. It was even harder everytime a teacher was done with a class which was usually the time they had to talk to each other but today they both had suddenly found an interest in the next class, physics.

Fortunately Sir Francis walked in on time to prevent any lengthy awkwardness. He met Ashanti's ironically cold eyes and full smile which didn't seem to reach her eyes. He sighed and begun to wonder why he was feeling intimidated by a fifteen year old. Then he noticed something else he could take interest in, Kobby Johnson.

" Someone's back in class." He grins,
" Meet me after school, we'll finish what we started on Monday...but Sir, he's not feeling that good." Ciarra subconsciously interjects drawing the attention of most people in the class since most people thought she disliked him.

" Oh don't worry, I'm not gonna punish him or anything, he's just going to rewrite the test." He clarifies.

" Thank you." Kobby says.

" Don't thank me, thank God for the dream I had last night. Henceforth, I won't hold any other person responsible for the mistakes of others. If you mess up, I'll punish only you so if you know you're weak in the subject, better find study mates. And please anyone who doesn't take the group studies seriously should be reported to me." He announces before returning to his lesson for the day.

Recess came by rather slowly.

The entire class went rowdy as everyone exited the classroom.

" Hey, you coming?" Lejandro slaps hands with Kobby and asks with the other guys flanking him.

" Hell yeah!, I've been having dining hall food for the past few days." Kobby agrees flashing them a smile as he stood up.

" Man, what did that feel like?" Abel asks as he followed them out and Ciarra sighed.

Just when she thought everyone was leaving the class so she could ask him exactly what was going on, he had to leave with his friends. She procrastinated for a while before getting up.

Groaning silently to herself, she shoved her books under her desk and grabbed her purse, heading out of the now empty classroom.

The whole having-a-table-at-the-quad thing was so unfamiliar to her. She felt like ghosting all her friends and going to hide somewhere else but that would draw their attention and knowing them, they'd all start searching for her thinking something was wrong. And something was wrong, but they wouldn't understand.

So she headed straight to the quad with the throngs of students. Her table was already looking delightful with her friends making fun of each other and eating their preferred lunches. Even Nesrina looked happy even though she wasn't a part of the loud talk. Veronica had cheered up too, so why couldn't she. When she got there, she forced a smile unto her face.

" Oooh, look who got better." Efua swoons wiggling her eyebrows at the west side of the quad and Ciarra turned to find him on one of the rowdy cool tables.

Why hadn't she thought of this?...this was his spot in the school. Why did she decide to show up there?

" Earth to Ciarra. He's already yours, no need to stare." Kweiba chuckles when she realizes Ciarra was still transfixed.

She snapped out of it and pulled out her seat.

" Guess what we got for you.…let me rephrase that, what I got you....?" Faye asks as Ciarra struggles to avoid looking at him since her seat faced their direction.