Chapter 66- Baby boy.

Mayorkun- Holy Father.

Heather knew her siblings were right and the truth was that she never hid anything from them. Unlike most teenagers, Heather always made sure she told her family about whatever she was going through, that was why they knew her so well.

After breakfast while they cleaned up the house, Heather gave in.

'' Guys, I need to tell you something.'' She sighed and dropped her duster.

" What?" Zara wondered closing the bin.

" I haven't been telling you guys everything and I want to be honest with you. "

" I knew it! I knew something was off about you. " Chanel states with a scoff. 

" And if you really want to talk you have to tell us everything, no secrets. " London says and Heather nodded, they all join her on the couch.

She told them about Flora one of the missing house mates and her little escapade out of the school at the Tavern where they had to use fake IDs.

" What?!!! Heather you're thirteen!" Zara points out and Heather got why Zara of all people will be this irked by the knowledge.

Zara was sixteen when she went through a very traumatic experience that had somehow affected Heather as well since she had been at the scene.

" I know guys, I'm sorry but I swear I have not been out of school without supervision after that night.  That was how I made the money to buy Zara's painting. "

" You bought my paintings? Did you ever think of how that would have made me feel if I found out?" Zara asked, " Here I was thinking my work was finally being appreciated. "

" I'm so sorry but I was just thinking of how Roddy was going to get into kindergarten soon, I never imagined you'd feel this terrible. "

" Heather your friends have family lifelines to fall on when scandals or anything happens to them, have you thought of yourself? If something happens what are we going to do? We don't have money or influential people to pull you out of the mess.  You think the Flora girl thought that was going to happen to her? No she never did and now she's somewhere rotting in prison whiles her friends continue with their lives like she never existed. "

There was so much sense in what they just said and Heather begun to wonder how she hadn't been able to read between the lines. Surely what happened to Flora could still happen to her but she knew her friends, they wouldn't watch her go like that.

" Heather, stop thinking they are your shields or something. They are all kids if you haven't noticed, no matter how matured life has made them they are still children and they will cower the moment trouble comes. You've only known them for a few months." Chanel points out, " Do you know how many friends I made back in school? How many of them were able to help me out when I had to quit school because of my unpaid fees?"

" The Flora girl, didn't she have some rich best friend who you just mentioned?"

" Ivy. " Heather mentioned.

" Even she couldn't help her best friend. That's real life Heather. Trust me, Ivy really wants to but if her family doesn't like scandals she has nothing to do about it so please go back to school and be a normal outstanding student and graduate and get that scholarship to the university because you're our hope Heather. Look at all of us.... we're pushing you because we know you have everything needed to make it and we will keep pushing you up with whatever means we have but on the real, you also need to get rid of possible obstacles in your path. "

Heather facepalmed and sunk into the couch, how was she going to avoid her friends if they were so close now. As if on cue, Zara's cellphone shrills loudly and she waved the screen at her.