Chapter 2- Craziest girl

Chapter dedicated to Vickie A, one of my first readers and motivation.

It was the craziest girl she had ever known, her best friend Rufidatu Ibrahim and the only slay queen she had ever met. She even found a way to look stunning in this preppy uniform.

She literally hugged the breath out of her with giggles.

" Ummm, hey guys, this is my bestie Rufidat" She introduces to them when  she finally let's go.

" Let me help you with that." Rufidat takes the jute bag from Chelsea and she sighs in relief.

" Wow, you two are like polar opposites, I'm guessing you must also be in Manhattan then?" Chelsea observed.

"Actually no, I'm in Albuquerque." Rufidat says in a deflated tone," Four houses away from you Sis." She more like complains.

" How come?, we all know Manhattan is easier to get into with people like your Dad. Don't tell me he doesn't know anyone. "

" Well, you know my Dad, even if he knew someone he'd prefer I worked my ass off to get in but that it's not possible with the little space left behind for we students with no connections. " Rufidat shrugs.

Ciarra nods in reckoning and they resumed walking towards the girls house complex.

OoO
Back at the Administration block's second floor, parents and students were still in long queues for their respective houses and to turn in their cleaning supplies.

" Please, the price for the uniforms again?" AuntieNaa asks the clerk behind the desk for the third time since she got there the woman sighs but still replies ,
"65 cedis madame"

AuntieNaa unties the knot she had made on the cover cloth of her newest kaba and slit ( an african wear locally sewn with a top and a long fitting skirt).

At the edge of the large balcony, Heather stood gazing at the seemingly endless landscape of the school.

After adding some coins to the notes she had in hand, she got the exact amount and dropped it on the almost pissed lady's desk. She took the money and handed her a one set of the prescribed uniforms in a transparent plastic bag packaging.

As soon as Heather laid her hands on them, she swooned.

" I still can't believe I'm in Ma...thank you so much."

" Don't thank me, seeing you burn the candle at night studying to get yourself into such a great institution, why wouldn't I support you by any means possible?"  Her mom assures her and she gives her a warm smile.

Her sisters would be so excited if they saw this but unfortunately they didn't have the money to make the long trip to the Eastern Region, precisely Kwahu Obomeng. She couldn't wait to try it on.

AuntieNaa moves on to the second clerk to submit their bank drafts. Nelson had strict policies for newly admitted students. You had to have paid your fees in full before admission can be finalised. To that she was grateful for her three older siblings.

Chanel had worked two shifts for a month to make the money for her fees, London and Zara had made sure she had all the needed books and groceries to last a month since they wouldn't be visiting anytime soon. Her mom paid for the trip to the school.

She waited patiently in the queue until her draft was stamped and she was handed receipts and a printed sheet of paper. She had a bad eyesight so she handed the paper over for Heather to read.

"Mom..." She looks up to her mom with an emotionless face, "I got in...I can't believe it but I did, I'm in House 1 Manhattan!" She beams with joy.