Chapter 38- Celebrity.

T-Pain- Up Down

He was gone before they could question him.

" He knows my name?" Heather is awestruck.

" Guess you're a celebrity now." Mae teases as they got out if their seats.

" So where does Sister Candace sit?" Ciarra asks Veronica who was going through the sheet Ivy had given her before leaving the house.

" Ummm, she's suppose to be in here somewhere. It says here that she's in the quad at the ' Music table' , what's that even supposed to mean?" Veronica wonders as she looks around.

" Maybe we're not supposed to be looking for her, we're supposed to be listening for her." Kweiba advises and everyone agreed and kept silent.

The whole quad was filled with chatter from various tables, contagious laughter, and the sound of fizzy drinks being opened.

That was when they heard it. The music from a particular table with a music box. People were cheering for each other from there.

" Seven tables to your right " Veronica says collecting all their sheets from Healenore and putting them in her binder , " Come on, let's go before recess is over."

They all trudged through the droves of students and their rowdy tables before getting to the table where Olakira's In My Maserati was booming out of the speaker's whiles two boys stood in the space infront of the table doing a perfect choreograph. Ciarra recognized some of them from her first day in the school, they were dancing to Brave back then.

They looked on for the sign of Candace and there she was holding a cellphone recording them and elatedly conversing with her best friend sitting next to her. They noticed some other housemates who were also there probably for the same reason and were really being ignored - Ha Won and Paula from dorm 5 Cortess.

Another friend to her left taps her on  the shoulder and whispers something into her ears and  she quickly turns to meet them with an expectant smile.

" Hey there baby girls." She greeted enthusiastically which had already begun to scare some of them because Candace had never had a real conversation with any of them before so why pretend?

They recognized another Sister at the table, Mary Anne, a sister from Ha Won's dorm.

" I know why you're all here so let's not beat about the bush." She assured them but they still couldn't feel relieved because of the mischief in her eyes, " Ha Won, you said you can't dance because you don't have any familiar partner, well, I have two for you."

" Get in there else nobody is getting anything signed." Mary Anne also adds as Ha Won pouts and begrudgingly walks to the midst of the dancing boys standing still as they went on.

The others begin to wonder which of them was supposed to join the dance.

" I need a great update for my TikTok account so I need great dancers. I haven't seen the rest of you dance but I have seen Fayanna and Heather. Get in here." She beckons and Heather looks at her friends and looks back at Candace.

" Come on guys, it's not that bad." She coaxes.

" But there are at least forty other people in the quad who can see us." Faye groans.

" Come on, dance is about forgetting all those people and focussing on your dance." She still  insists.

" And I have never danced in my uniform before, I don't even think I'll want anyone to see me dance in these preppy uniforms." Ha Won complains.

" Then loosen up." Mary Anne chuckles as she stood up from her seat and pulled Heather and Faye into the dance. She loosened Faye's necktie and unbuttoned Heather's vest, then untucked Ha Won's shirt since she wasn't in her vest or tie. " Will sign for you right after this. I promise."