Chapter 56- Saturday Night

Nico & Vinz Am I wrong

Monday morning was filled with last minute preparations for all subjects they had to write. They had three midterm tests to write on each day for three days.

The first two papers went pretty well for the New Jersey students. They had Biology and Elective Maths whiles Los Angeles had Government and History.

The business students in Crete had Business Management and Costing whiles the Home Economics students in San Diego had General Knowledge in Arts and Biology. The entire school was silent until the bell for recess went off.

The girls showed up at the table as usual but with less vigor than they usually did. Nesrina and Michael noticed.

" What's with the moody looks? Tell me what Manhattan did." Michael asked pulling out his seat with one hand and setting his tray of food on the table.

" Manhattan did nothing. It's more about what each individual has been up to." Healenore discloses and the affected people groaned. Faye wasn't there yet but they soon spotted her coming from afar in a different version of Nelson's Jersey. A yellow one but instead of her cleats she had on her favorite shoe's , a pair of  white socks and a duffle bag was slung over one shoulder. She dumped it next to her seat before sitting down frustrated, sinking into her seat and staring up into the sky.

" Someone's having a bad day." Nesrina chuckled, taking a swig of her cocktail.

" Let me guess, your game is right after this?" Heather asked and Faye nodded.

" I'm so tired and worst part is... would you look at our new sports hero!" Candace calls walking by with a bunch of the members of the soccer team as they passed by their table. They were all in their matching jerseys with their last names boldly inscribed in the back.

Faye ignores them but Beullah was relentless. She ruffled Faye's already slightly wet hair, " You guys are looking at the captain for today's match."

" Wait, you made Captain?" Ashanti asked in surprise.

" Of course, I wonder why they even need some old players like us in the game today when we have someone like Fayanna Quansah as Captain." Candace teases, " Way to go baby girl."

They walked away with thei noisy conversations and Faye groaned again.

" Must be stressful being captain of such annoying teammates." Efua chuckles.

" Did something happen between you and L?" Healenore suddenly asked and they all stared at her wondering why such a question will pop up in her mind, " Because he's been watching you since you got here. Nobody should turn to look else he'll know I just told you."

Only those on Healenore's side of the table noticed because all they had to do was look up a bit.

" Boy keeps glancing here every five seconds, let me rephrase that, staring at you every five seconds!" Sarah agrees.

That was when the school's courier shows up in the quad to distribute letters. Since their table was one of the first, he stopped there first.

" Anyone from Manhattan house here?" He asked.

" They all are." Nesrina gestures at all the girls.

" Letter to Fayanna Quansah." He picked out a red envelope handing it to Ashanti.

" I thought letters only came in on Fridays." Efua points out.

" Oh yeah, but this Friday is a midterm holiday so we're distributing all letters now." He responds before walking over to the next table.