Chapter 55- Occult

Tootsie Slide- Drake

                      OoO
Asare storms in with her white cane, her hair pulled back into a tight bun. She glanced around for a few seconds before walking up and down the room for any evidence.

She paused at a bed and pointed her cane at it, " Lift up the mattress."

Heather quickly scrambled to her feet and raised up the mattress of Myria's bed. Fortunately she had quite a pristine reputation so nothing was expected under her mattress.

She walked up to the window panes and inspected them too. Then finally she noticed a backpack on Wathoni's bed, " Open that bag."

They did so. She even emptied the bag of it's content but there was nothing, just stationary.

" Just wanted to make sure you freshmen did not import any bad habits into the house." She says, " Be good, cause next time, I won't be so lenient."

She steps out to Sey where they heard the commotion cease. After a few minutes, she steps out with two culprits and an iPad.

After she went downstairs, Mary Anne quickly retrieved hers from the paper bin she had dumped it into and covered with the crumpled papers. Lartifa had zipped hers up into the mackintosh of her mattress. Joy had slipped her cellphone into the sneakers  she was wearing from basketball practice and hadn't bothered to change.

" I'll go ask Flynn and Ha Won what really you guys were up to. But at the moment, adios." Mary Anne says before sashaying out of their dorm with her girls.

" I think I saw Flynn and Cheyenne somewhere." Joy comments opening up her page again on her tablet.

" There they are." Vera points out to her and some of the seniors went over to check it out.

" Who's that dude?" Kelinam asks referring to the guy who had gotten Flynn laughing in the far back of a selfie of two girls.

" Her fling for the night." Heather replies inserting a straw into her juice box.

" Alright, these kids are crazy" Wathoni comments with a sinister grin.

" None of you even got bikinis. Don't tell me you were all gathered somewhere doing your own thing." Vera goes on and all the freshmen who had gone to the party quickly turned their attention to whatever activity they were doing.

" Oh I see," Naa Djormo nods, " Hope you guys didn't tell anyone you were Manhattan girls."

" Duuuh, they forwarded greetings from others to us. Of course they told people they were Nelson's Manhattan girls."

Two of the seniors face palmed and others had a hand to their heads in frustration.

" I told you guys that at least one of us needed to go with them." Zak reminds them.

" What exactly do you expect of us. We had lots of fun, met old friends, recollected memories and came home. What gives?" Healenore asks and their seniors stared at them dumbfounded.

" Show them what happened last year." Zak tells her friends.

" Where is Candace when you need her." Joy complains.

" Soccer practice, she and Beullah are training the juniors for the game tomorrow." Anita speaks up with her eyes closed.

The freshmen glared, they thought she was asleep and oblivious to all the commotion until now.

Joy got out of bed and headed towards Candace's  bed searching for her suitcase and tapping in the combination. It clicked open and she grabbed her white Thinkpad, booting it.