Chapter 20- Wake up.

I think that's Faye up there.

Bazzi- beautiful

Ciarra presses on the buttons of her digital watch and the red LED displayed the time, 1:26. What was wrong with her system, she couldn't catch any sleep without having to wake up midway.

Now every sound in the room seemed to draw her attention. The creaking from Sister Candace's bed, Sister Beullah sleep talking occasionally and the loud snores from at least five different people.

Then she heard it, her name being whispered out loud,
" Ciarra!"

At first she thought she was imagining it but then it came again," Ciarra."

She begun to look around the room and fidgeted for her flashlight. Then the voice suddenly stopped just when trepidation courses through her veins. She looked around her.

Most of the beds next to her were empty. Veronica who slept right opposite her was gone, Kweiba, the person she shared her bunk with too was gone. Sister Lartifa who had a single bed adjacent to her was also gone then she notices she's actually all alone. Mae was the only person close to her and she was on the top bunk of the bed she shared with Veronica and man she was a deep sleeper.

Ashanti and Heather were after Velars bed which was empty too.

Heather rolls over on her bed totally oblivious of the fact that she was on the top bunk and could drop six feet down at any stupid move.

She loved watching Heather sleep, it took her mind off the fact that she was the only one awake. And today, it took her mind off the fact that she was hearing voices.

Ciarra watched in amusement as her head slowly falls off her pillow and unto the edge of her bed, then minutes later her left leg joined. She was now going to fall by the slightest movement next and Ciarra begins to contemplate wether to get up and push her up or just ignore her.

But come on, Heather had never fallen before.

How she never fell though she slept this callously still  surprised Ciarra.

Then her question was answered when Ashanti got out of her bed and stood on her mattress before shifting Heather's head from the edge back unto her pillow like she was her older sister.

Ashanti then fetches for her flashlight before pouring the light on her little clock that hung on her headrest and sighed.

She turns and begins to flash the light across the room until she almost screams in fear when the lights captured silver eyes staring straight at her.

Ciarra chuckles, " Well good morning to you too Goodman."

" You scared me." Ashanti whispers and turned off her flashlight.

" Yeah right, I do that to Rufidat a lot during sleep overs. It's like an ethereal creature just stepped into your line of vision isn't it?"

Ashanti scoffs.

" You're up early?" Ciarra comments staring at the top bunk above her lying on her back.

" I could say the same for you." Ashanti also observes," Actually Heather literally threatened me to rest today. She told me not to wake up at 3:00am but unfortunately my brain miscalculated the request and instead woke me up two hours earlier."

" I have only had an hour of sleep."

" I noticed, what's up with you anyway. Has it always been like this?"

" Not really, it kinda started earlier this year." Ciarra says stifling a yawn.

" Come here." Ashanti beckons with a smirk.