Chapter 74- Kwamena

Nico and Vince Am I Wrong

Myria sat in their favorite booth, a cup of latte in front of her as she smiled at Veronica and gestured for her to take a seat opposite her.

" What are you doing here?" Veronica wondered glancing around to verify if there were any more of her seniors loitering there.

" You'd think it'd be hard to find you on campus. Well baby, it's either you're with your friends or you're with Calvin. You guys seemed to have momentarily disappeared from the quad so I figured you'd be here." That was the most Veronica had heard Myria say in one instance.

Veronica's eyes still asked the question.

" Did you also get the drugs?" She hits the nail right on the head.

" No...I mean I have before but not since then and that was way before midsem break." Veronica explained, Myria seemed to have relaxed a bit.

" Ronnie, I've literally tried to be there for you so why did you turn to Velar?"

" I don't know, I guess I wasn't thinking straight." Veronica deflates feeling so ashamed she disappointed her school mom.

" Are you sure you haven't been to her again?"

It seemed she was unto something.

" Why are you so keen on this what's up with Velar?"

" Ronnie, Velar is one insane kid you shouldn't get involved with. Just promise me you wouldn't cross paths with her again."

" Fine I promise." Veronica agreed.

" Good." With that she left leaving her steaming latte untouched.

Veronica groaned loudly, why was Manhattan house so intense and constantly filled with drama?? She wondered.

Just then Sarah rushed through the doors, " Faye's been discharged!"

Faye was already at their table by the time they got there. She looked so pale, fragile and disoriented. The girls had a lot of questions for her but knew best not to ask at the moment, she already looked like she loathed herself and they didn't want to add to it.

" How are you feeling?" Ashanti asked as Faye attempts scratching off the band-aid behind her palm so people would quit staring.

" I'm fine guys." She says sounding pretty disappointed in herself.

" Hey, how about Healenore?" Efua asked sipping her can of coke.

" She's still on oxygen. If after 24 hours she still can't breathe on her own they'll have to inform her parents and transport her to the General hospital." Faye sighs.

The Blood tests had been scheduled for 11am that morning so recess was cut short as all freshmen were ushered to the assembly hall for their tests.

Both petrified and curious, they join the many queues to about twelve Lab set-ups around. Most of them were honestly afraid of the needles and thus constantly stayed back from getting their shots until it was finally their turn. The girls had a good laugh at Sarah and Ashanti who were giving the nurses a hard time. Anytime they glanced at the needle they quickly withdrew their arms totally frustrating the nurses until their friends had to finally intervene holding them in place.

Faye had been poked enough the previous night but still had to endure this new needle in the vein at the hinge between her arm and elbow. As she placed the round bandaid provided on and turned, the eyes that caught hers freaked her out.

" Oh f***!" Kweiba turns to look in her line of vision and realized what Faye was talking about. Faye quickly dashed into the crowd of students easily blending in since they were all in the same uniform.