Chapter 57- Daddy

Just when they prepared to leave their table, a sketchy looking guy walks up to them.

He had a very appealing and calm aura around him as he drew closer with both hands shoved in the pockets of his pants indicating he was a senior but his looks said otherwise.

" Good morning, ladies." He greeted rather politely, showing off a set of white teeth plus two gold upper canines and glittering white diamond braces holding all of them in place.

You'd easily mistaken him for a thug because of his slightly unruly persona and the dark scar under his right eye.

He extended a hand out to Veronica,
" I'm Monte Carlo, people over here call me Monte, Congratulations!" He beams in a very raw Chicago accent.

Heather could swear he sounded like one of those black rappers from the ghettos in the USA. A very lazy way of talking.

" How do you know she's Veronica?" Kweiba asked curiously.

" Ivy says she's always with a bookbag so it was easy to notice her." Monte grins, the early morning sun reflecting on the gems of his braces.

Veronica intuitively took his hand.

The girls noticed several familiar boys walk over, most of them were Canticles boys. Kobby and his friends as well as Ladi weren't included.

Now the quad was literally empty.

" Hey Ronnie." Ezra greets casually.

" It's not everyday you get a greeting from our Shaker unless there's a big reason." An extremely cute boy, literally, with Faye's kind of eyes states leaning into Ezra who shoved him off.

Carlisle was there too with his contagious smile as well as Nigel, Adam, Fede and Moro.

Moro read the question in Faye's eyes and left the rest to their conversation after signaling Faye to step aside with him.

" So we just want you know that we support you in everything, Calvin has been one of us ever since we met him though he's a year older. " Carlisle states.

" Technically, Adam and Sly are the same age as him. We repeated a grade." Fede chuckles.

" And we're in this with you. Literally. Shawarma tell her what's up." Isaac adds as the girls all stood dumbfounded listening to them.

" We're talking about everything that's going to be needed. Candace brought around the planner and you don't need to worry, we've got it all covered." Nigel states.

" You guys should allow her have a share of it to herself so she feels important." Michael speaks up for the girls.

" We knew that'd come up so we left the dress and everything about her to you guys." Fede states.

" Calvin has been more than a brother to me over the few years, he is one of the most loyal people I know.  So the question I'd like to ask now is, have you thought about the venue?" Monte asks leaning on one of the seats and kissed the back of her hand that was still in his hand before letting go,
" Man you're beautiful."

That comment got all the boys laughing, " Honestly guys, how did I never meet her, why did you have to meet Calvin first?" He asks the boys and then Veronica.

" Dude, you wouldn't even have noticed her even if she passed right in front of you. You're so absorbed in basketball, you don't take time to look around you, your loss!" Extremely cute boy says.

" Shut up Johnnie!!" Isaac, Fede and Adam all say in unison.

" You're Johnnie?" Ciarra asked amused, " Which one?"