Chapter 49- Chitchatting

Jordin Sparks- Tattoo

                       OoO

The bell finally goes off to end P.E by which time the rain had ceased and only the roofs were dripping of water.

The class was dismissed and as they walked in groups out of the pitch, they eventually had real conversations with each other with the boys ahead of them talking loudly and trying to race each other to the class. The girls were coming from behind chitchatting.

" Oh boys... major idiots!" Mckeilah groans to herself as she joined the group of girls walking the right way to class.

They were gossiping as expected. Keren hinted that Zaron might be into her and Ciarra scoffed and told her otherwise.

" Zaron is like that with every girl, ask Ashanti. Do not mistaken him being chivalrous as him liking you."

" How do you know?"Mckeilah pauses and asked.

" We attended the same junior high, same as his friends." Ciarra responds.

" About his friends, why do you seem to hate Kobby so much?" Naa Larteley asks suddenly interested and Rufidat almost chokes on her laughter. Were they that blind in class to not realize a couple when they see one.

" I don't hate him, as a matter of fact hate is a big word." Ciarra replies nonchalantly.

" Your attitude towards him in class says otherwise cause I saw what you did to him when he came back from recess." Leslie points out.

" You guys do not really know Ciarra, do you?" Rufidat begins, " She's your atypical perfectionist and detests messy things not even her sweet sitting partner is exempted if he appears unkempt."

" Back to that same word, Kate, why do you hate Kelly so much?" Linda turns the question to their class president.

" Hate is a big word." Ciarra reminds them again.

" Ditto." Kate agrees, " I don't hate him, it's just his outlook on life that infuriates me. If I have to spend my life with someone, I'd want a person who has a realistic goal in life and who'd take me seriously not someone who considers everything as a joke. It's like he's living on cloud nine."

" Let's hear Rufidat's thought on that since she's the only one in a serious relationship. How do you manage being with a guy like Samed? Because last time I checked he's very callous." Cameron quizzes as they walked up one of the walkways now wet and soggy from the rain.

" I don't have to control Samed, he has his life and I have mine. We're not even supposed to be together in the first place because of our family feuds but unfortunately I love everything about him. Up close he's very nice and crazy sometimes but that's all because he had a bad childhood so I don't like to judge him."

" Some history you guys have got. How long have you known each other?" Eraama asks curiously.

" Eight years."

" Gosh that's long, it's like when you two were eight year olds!" Linda gasps in surprise.

" Where'd you two meet?" Ashanti asks.

" Somewhere on the pilgrimage to Mecca, it's a long story. We both went missing and someone found us." Rufidat replies with a sigh.

" Hey Ashanti, do you know Jayel likes you?" Keren asks changing the subject.

" Huh?" She asked in confusion with a slight look of disgust.

" He does. Don't you realize he's always on his best behavior when you're around?"