Chapter 40- Infirmary.

Imagine dragons- Believer.

And that's Healenore up there.

The wind outside was exhilarating. Ciarra parted ways with Healenore when she got to the infirmary.

She met the nurse from the previous day, Nurse Sandra who was beyond pleased to see her especially because of the favour she was about to ask. Ciarra noticed that all the beds in the main ward were empty and she was packing her stuff into her Dior purse, was she going somewhere?

" It's good to have you here dear, Nurse Miriam from earlier just went down with the flu so she wouldn't be coming around today or tomorrow which means I'll have to run those shifts." She says as she opens a few folders left on the table to be signed.

" It seems no one is here, so I am not sure it will be that bad." Ciarra shrugs.

" Exactly my point, so since Kobby is the only one here and the roads have been reopened for vehicles I'll be going on a quick errand to get some of the major medications we have ran out of. So I'll need you to please stay with him till I get back. He's improving, as long as his temperature doesn't ran back down, so fortunately we will not have to be transferring him to the General hospital."

" What do I do if his temperature does begin to drop?" Ciarra wonders in bewilderment at the assignment she was being given.

" That's impossible, we turned up the heat in his room so he will be just fine. And if you notice anything even slightly different, call me on this telephone, speed dial me, I am number 3." She explains further and points at the white archaic telephone on her desk.  "If it doesn't work, use the wireless cellphone in his room. It runs on batteries. Come on baby girl, help me out here."

Ciarra is silent for a while, then finally sighs in agreement and the lady smiled.

" You can prep here but please,after the Pantry Ladies bring in his dinner in thirty minutes time, lock the door. I don't want anyone to know I left a patient under the supervision of a freshman but come on, I'm practically in a cul-de-sac kinda situation right now." She rants as she zips up her purse, " I'll see you later then?"

" Sure." Ciarra agrees.

" You're a lifesaver." She mumbles as she dangles her car keys on one finger and walked out the double glass doors.

Ciarra sighed once again and turned towards the sideward and turned the door handle.

" Hey." He grinned from behind the book he was reading, a marvel comic book.

Man was the room warm! She turned to look at the temperature of the thermostat- 38°C.

She looked around and noticed the guys had brought him a few of his stuff like his sponge bag, towel and flip-flops.

" Hi, how are you feeling today?"

" I can move a bit and my temperature is almost back to normal, she just checked and I'm at 35° now."

" That's great. Because you really need to get out of this place, it's like there's no air in this place" She comments before sitting at the foot of his bed.

" There's plenty actually." He tells her and demonstrates by taking in a deep breath from his nasal cannula.

" You're on borrowed air you idiot. I mean you need some fresh air. You really have to get out of here."

" I also want to leave. I am probably missing out on all the activities going on at school." He begins to whine.

" Oh shut up, you get to sleep through an entire school day, something most of us just dream of doing, and you're here complaining about missing school activities." Ciarra says with an eye roll.