41- Panic

Nesrina Ramses up there. Thanks everyone for all your votes.

When she stepped out in her underwear, he was still asleep. She tested out his body lotion, his cologne and other stuff before walking into the main ward to grab her Housedress from the rails. As soon as she was done struggling to zip herself up, she heard an almost inaudible knock on the main door. She peeped from where she was standing in the middle of some of the beds at the glass doors. She saw Nurse Sandra and quickly walked to the door and unlocked it.

She slipped in and shut the door behind her. She looked tired with bags under her eyes, she probably barely slept thinking about her ailing patient with an inexperienced freshman science student.

" Good morning." Ciarra greeted.

" Morning, how's he doing?"

" Good... I think?" She states, " You're the professional, maybe you should check up on him."

" You're right...it's freezing in here." The nurse notices hugging herself as she headed towards his door, " I hope his room isn't this cold."

Ciarra followed and went packing her books from the couch into her backpack before retrieving her flashlight whiles the nurse checked his vitals.

" I was scared I would have to send him to the general hospital because it is the school's policy here that a student should not be kept in here for more than three days."

" So how would you have sent him to the hospital with all the issues on the way there?" Ciarra wonders as she buckles up her sandals.

" That has been the question on my mind as I was being driven here. But he's improved. Just that I have to monitor him for a few hours, after all the day hasn't ended yet so it's not fully three days." She shrugs and then the light suddenly came back on.

" Screw these electrical engineers and their poor services." The nurse curses as she changed his tubes, " You better get going before anyone notices you slept here. Thanks so much again."

" You're welcome." Ciarra answers with a genuine grin as she pulls her damp hair into a ponytail and hikes her backpack over her shoulders,
" Bye."

She walks out of the room after taking one last look at him. She stepped out of the infirmary into the chill outside and soon regretted not bringing a sweater. It was colder than Monday and she could still see some icy dewdrops on the leaves of several trees as she passed buildings to her house.

The school was now awake as some boys dragged bins towards the incinerator, and others went about their morning chores. You could hear the sound of brooms making contact with the ground, scrubbing brushes scraping floors and you could see others dusting windows and doors and raking gardens and yards.

She made it to the house just in time. Everyone was busy so no one even noticed her, let me rephrase that- none of her seniors noticed her-  Nesrina dropped her broom and walked over to her in the dorm after seeing her sneak into the back of the house and into the hallway.

" Hey, where have you been?" She whispers.

" I got caught up somewhere last night, I'll explain when it's just us." Ciarra whispered back to her.

" Good, because I really had to go at lengths so none of the seniors will notice you were not in the dorm."

" Thanks a lot." Ciarra says as she throws her backpack on her bed and grabs a broom behind the doors of the  dorm.

" Let's get to work."

The seniors were mostly the ones done showering first and left the house without really inspecting anyone's beds. All they did was to delegate trustworthy juniors amongst them to do the job. So as usual, by 6:00am, none of them were in the house. The keys were with Tenge. She was supposed to lock up when they were done and give the keys to Mrs Annan.