Chapter 13

Chapter dedicated to Haramyde.

Alan walker- Sing me to sleep

" You really know how to ruin a mood." Ciarra takes her head of his shoulders and says looking him straight in the eye, " For the hundredth time, Lester is not into me."

" You don't seem to notice but I do... I get this feeling that he's dangerous." Kobby states seriously and she pauses.

" Wait what?, I haven't really noticed. I mean he is pretty  sweet and charming. I met him in the library last Thursday so you might be right that I don't know him. I don't really have a clear picture of what he might be."

" Keep that perspective and keep yourself away from crazy and dangerous people." Kobby advices.

" I think it's too late for that. I have so many crazy people in my dorm and I have met potentially dangerous people on campus."

" How dangerous and how crazy on a scale of one to ten".

" For the danger I don't think I can scale it. It's this guy called Tricky." She replies.

" Wait what, you've met Trick?...I've heard of him but turns out no one knows his actual identity, what was he trying to start?" Kobby begins to think.

" He said the same thing, you know...about his identity being secret but he's also not into me if that's what you're thinking. He clearly stated that. He said just incase I get in any trouble or need help, I could come to him."

" You did not take his words seriously, did you?"

" It's a little late to assume that because he gave me a card to the thrift shop and Lester already made me ask him for a favour." Ciarra starts getting paranoid.

" You've been there? But that's so risky. Why did he want you, he probably thinks you're just an innocent girl who can help him with his various illegal rendezvous in the school."

" Well, he's not the only illegal thing I have come across in this school." Ciarra sighs.

" There's more?, is it dangerous?" He asks with concern laced in his tone as he takes her hand in his running circles behind her palm with his thumb in a very comforting way.

" Crazy if you ask me." Ciarra smiles nervously forming a dimple on her left cheek, " It's protocol in Manhattan to not share any confidential information with other people other than our house mates and even with that, there are some that you can't share with even your own dorm mates who don't know about it."

" Of course, this is just a whole lot of  crazy Manhattan trash talk. I didn't like the idea that you were in that house in the first place, they are too perfect in a very suspicious and nauseating way." Kobby grimaces.

" But I think we have to stop these secrets before they start attacking us later on. They said I may end up dead if I tell anyone but I have a feeling it's just a childish threat to keep us silent." She tells him and turns back looking further off into the distance in lost thought, " There's a girl who died in our dorm earlier this year and everyone keeps painting her black in the house but I get this weird feeling that she was just one of us, probably guileless too and ended up ensnared. Either they did something to her or allowed her to destroy her own self."

" Is there any record of her in the house?" Kobby asks.

" No, not that we've searched for. Everything seems closed off so most of us are afraid to pry. Even her name is not in our list of roll calls and we're supposed to be thirty in the dorm and yet after counting we're always twenty nine. Her name never even pops up. It's like she has totally been ghosted."