Chapter 45

Chapter dedicated to @cindy101.

Anyway guys, that's Calvin up there.❤️❤️❤️

Stonebwoy- Sobolo.

Prep came by so fast. Veronica dreaded the hour as she walked up the walkway with her bookbag towards the Morning Café. It was going to be a long night.

                      OoO

A dark silhouette appears on the streets as a result of the yellow lightning of the streetlights infront of Bernice Ofori Assembly Hall. It was Kobby in the school's prescribed prep attire for boys, checkered short sleeved shirt, tucked into khaki pants. The shirt varied by colour depending on the house, yellow in his case since Canticles was House 3 in the male house complex. He wore a black windbreaker over his shirt.

Ciarra was in the wax print prep attire for Manhattan. A dark shade of grey.

" Come on." He says as he took her hands in his and snuck away from the light into the darkness.

" Why does it feel like we're sneaking around?" Ciarra whispers.

" Because we are, the third business building is off limits for prep because all it's lights fail to work. I fixed one of them at the back of a class. I prep there." He informs her.

" Why so far from everyone else?" Ciarra wonders as they turn unto a footpath towards the building behind a few trees.

" Privacy." He stated.

He had a point though, it was very quiet there. And even if the light he fixed were on, nobody would notice because of the trees.

" But it's dangerous, what if one of your teammates decides to jump you when you guys have a misunderstanding?" Ciarra probes as she stops in the middle of the footpath.

" I'm not here alone, Zaron is in one of the classrooms downstairs. We fixed two light bulbs. And we usually leave together." Kobby explained with a sigh.

" Okay, but please be careful."

" I will be. Come on." They resume walking until the building comes into view. It was deadly quiet with the sound of humming crickets and cuckooing birds from the trees, very suitable for some serious studies...or sleeping.

They pass by the second classroom downstairs to say hello to Zaron before climbing up the stairs with the aid of his flashlight to the first floor. His was the last room on that floor. He flipped the light switch on and a filament bulb lights up in the far back right above a table.

" I'm gonna have to start prepping with you soon if I really want to represent the school in the Junior Science and Math quiz." Ciarra says as she pulls out a seat to the table under the light and sat down, dumping her backpack at the foot of the chair.

" That's a great idea. But that'll only happen if Ashanti is out of the way. She's insanely brilliant. I wonder how?" Kobby comments, " But I know when you are determined to do something, you can achieve just about anything."

" You're right about that and I find it healthy to have a highly competitive figure in my way. It makes me raise my stakes when I study."

" I like the way you deal with challenges." Kobby grinned as he sat opposite her.

" Anyway, I think something happened last night." He begins as he grabs a book from under the desk.

Ciarra was slightly paranoid.

" You said you left after dining, right?" He asks, his eyes gleaming under the orange lights of the bulb.

" Yes, why?"