Chapter 29

That is Sylvester , alias Sly.

Ed Sheeran ft Justin Bieber- I don't care.

" Wakey, wakey!!!" Wathoni shrieks as she whips aside the curtains for bright morning sunlight to pour into the room as the rising bell shrilled.

The freshmen groan as they try to adjust to the blinding lights, Sarah falls off her bed in the process with a loud thud that woke everyone up. She grimaced and winced as she got herself off the floor.

" Well that was successful." Joy grins tugging at a teabag in a steaming mug of water, looking ever so lovely in her Sunday attire with her hair neatly combed. The aroma of camomile gives the room a sweet fragrance.

" Velar has something for you, go get it and get your chores done." Vera tells them, applying extra lip gloss to her already glossy lips.

" Oh, I had the strangest dream. I was playing a game...it was real." Ashanti replies as Veronica begins to speak.

" Ummm, just to clarify, how much of my secrets did I spill?" Faye asks groggily climbing down from her bed and steps into her fluffy bunny flip-flops.

" Nothing that will get you convicted." Beullah assures her as she zips up her skirt.

Ciarra ignores them and heads out for her chores after downing the suspiciously bittersweet liquid.

" Oh my God, it's alcohol!!" Kweiba panics almost spilling hers after sipping it.

" Amateurs." Lartifa chuckles as the rest make funny faces at the content of the disposable cups.

" Alcohol is one of the best remedies for a hungover kiddos." April explains as she makes her bed, " I thought some of you were science geniuses."

Soon, all the freshmen all exited the dorm to get their jobs done. Those who worked at the assembly hall had the most hectic morning since the place had been left littered with balloons and confetti as well as other forms of trash from students.

It took an entire hour to sweep the place clean and another hour to mop up. The chairs had also been packed to the side to create space for a dancefloor, so, they had to arrange about three thousand chairs again both upstairs and downstairs. There were fifteen students assigned to work there but still the work was tedious and took over ninety minutes.

Most of them were late for Worship by the time they run into the house. They hit the showers which were  now vacant since most people had long showered and rushed into their dorms to dress up before the ancient bell is tolled for worship. Even after breakfast, some still had some work to finish.

Ciarra's chore was the worst, after her terrible work at the assembly hall, she still had to wait for the last person to shower so she could scrub the three bathhouses she'd been assigned.

She was fast and clean though, so the house prefect never caught her now scrubbing the place during morning inspection as did most people.

By the time she got into the dorm, most of the seniors were gone. There were only five people still dressing up; Heather, Veronica, Kathryn, Ivy and Anita.

Anita was there because she had to lock up and they were all still in there. Just when Ciarra is done buttoning up her turquoise green african textile print shirt with the school's crest printed multiple times over the cloth in a uniform pattern, Ashanti also walks in fully dressed and dangling a bunch of keys from her fingers.

" Here are the keys." She hands the key to Anita.

" Thanks, come on guys, we have five more minutes before Asare personally walks in here and drags us out!" Anita calls out.