Chapter 61- OPD

Shatta wale - Ayo

Chapter dedicated to  Deria.

They all arrived at the General Hospital, Kobby felt quite reluctant to get out of the truck.

" Come on big bro." Kayla beams and Kobby groans not wanting to have to explain his feeling of dejection to her.

They walked into the eerie hallways carrying the pungent smell of disinfectants. Kobby walked into the third OPD.

He was greeted with a bright smile from the aging family doctor, Dr Lange.

" Hey, never thought you'd come by." He states as Kobby took the seat opposite his while he wrote something into a patient's folder. " How are you doing, the school's nurse forwarded a copy of your recent treatment. "

" Oh no, I actually came here to get my mom." Kobby says politely.

" Oh yeah, but I hear these are midterm holidays. This means she'd have to come back here when you have to leave for school."

" I know Doc, I've thought about it and I'm really positive I'll get her a caregiver by then."

" Your father hinted the same thing but I advice she not be given anymore caregivers."

" You heard, didn't you? " Kobby chuckles humorlessly.

" I'm only a health practitioner, I can't fix everything but at least I can control the extent to which things escalate." He laughed in his old voice." Now tell me how you're feeling. "

" Good."

" Let me run a quick checkup on you, just so you'd be fit for the next half of school. Hope you don't mind?"

" No problem." Kobby responds getting unto the bed on the right corner of the room and unbuttoning his shirt.

" Its amazing how fast you've grown." He says, placing the stethoscope to various parts of Kobby's chest.

" I found something very peculiar about your recovery." The doctor hints as he pulled open a drawer and rummaged for Kobby's folder, " It said something about severe hypothermia but within twenty four hours you were up and about. "

Kobby knew exactly where this was going.

" Are you seeing anyone? " The doctor asked trying to catch his eye but Kobby avoided it, " I'll take that as a yes.  You do know that that's risky, right?"

" I know... then you have to end it." He states firmly immediately after Kobby's response.

" Too late, she already did." Kobby croaks.

" She's smart." He grins and Kobby couldn't help but reciprocate it.

He checks his leg finally before letting him go.

" There, I'm going to forward a discharge permit to the psychiatric ward right away so you can go for her."

" Thank you so much Doc."

" Don't mention it. But I just want you to know  that under the hospital's discharge protocols, I have to let a legal caregiver know of the discharge so your farther is going to receive an alert as well. "

" I understand, its your job. I don't want to interfere." Kobby sighs buttoning up his shirt.

" Glad you do. You can go ahead. " He assured him.

Kobby found Lejandro and Kayla in the waiting area. She was listening to music on Lejandro's headset while he went through his text.

" Hey, how'd it go?" Lejandro looked up from his cellphone and  asked.