Chapter 34- Freedom

Jack Harlow- Tyler Herro.

Chapter dedicated to All my readers, you're all my favorite.

Before Samed could answer, the doors to the room swung open as a jovial voice hooted, " Where the hell is the Fresh Prince of Canticles?!" A perfect representation of Canticles' boys called out. We're talking the entire composition; his looks, excessive ego and charisma.

He was a senior judging by his slacks and long sleeved shirt. He had a trench coat like the one Ciarra had seen Fede in and his shoes were one of a kind. A black Maison Margiela Fusion. His hair was unusual for an ebony skinned boy, it looked soft and appeared very dark and curly.

" Oh my, I'm so sorry. Mind my bad manners." He tones down his voice when he realised Ciarra was in the room, " Yo, Striker, what are you doing here?!" He asks and slaps hands with Fede.

" Kar•lis•lé!!" Samed shrieks as he slaps hands with him and the others burst in laughter, " The only Fulani in our house."

That explained his hair.

" F*** you kid!" He says in a solemn tone before turning back to Ciarra who also chuckled at what Samed had said, " You are also one." He still says to Samed.

" Is that your name?" Ciarra wonders.

" Of course not Princess, I am Carlisle Awinborah. It's nice to meet you." He says with a cocky grin as he offers her a hand.

Ciarra hesitated before taking his hand, " I am Ciarra. Nice to meet you too."

" The first time he got into the school, Mr Bonsu was calling out our name from the register and when he got to his name, he couldn't quite decipher how it was pronounced so he went ahead to call it exactly as it was spelt." Adam recalls with a small laugh.

" Wait, you are also a Canticle boy?" Ciarra asks Adam curiously.

" I was. All three of us but we broke some code of conducts so we've been exiled just like you guys. Well except Fede here who had no idea what was going on."

" Wow, you guys have codes of conducts?... isn't that something that guys don't really adhere to?" Ciarra asks them.

" Well not Canticle's house. We make a vow before being accepted into the house and if you have heard, Canticles is the most reputable male house in the school." Carlisle answers for her.

" You might be wondering what this code of conduct involves. It's basically biblical." Lejandro elaborates, " You keenly follow every single one of God's laws and you are assured success, we call it God's Plan."

Ciarra looked astounded.

" It works every time. Turns out the more you stick to the laws and it's underlying principles, the better your success. And who doesn't want to be successful?" Fede asks.

" You know Justin Amoabeng right?" Lejandro asks and Ciarra searched her mind.

" The famous NBA champion!" She recollects.

" Right, Canticles 23rd Class." Carlisle goes on, " He went strictly by those laws and even derived their principles and now he is not just successful, but he's living a happy life as well. So is Malcom Blay, now one of the world's biggest oil investors, and Charles Wamenyo of the UN. It's a big deal."

" And I know you'll be thinking that's a stupid theory and that it's just random but that's how it works here in Canticles. Following those laws cut you off a lot of unnecessary habits and give you more time to study and build a better life. That's why people think we're nocturnal, because some of us are still chasing after these petty habits so to be in equivalence with those who don't, we study at night. But if you do break a law, like the law on chastity, you will be cut out. And if anyone in the house knew about it and didn't report you, he is also going to go. That's why Sly and Adam got kicked out." Samed also enunciates.