Chapter 33- Contributory Factor

That's Adam Olivant aka Baby

Katy perry- Rise.

" Has he told you about anything that might have been bothering him? Because emotional breakdowns don't just occur, it's due to a lot of thinking." Ms Bella asks her.

" He was worried about his mom back home." Ciarra responds realising where all this emotional breakdown was coming from and suddenly, she begins to blame herself, " I think I am a contributory factor too. I was mad at him on Saturday."

Ms Bella notices the film of tears in her eyes and tries to comfort her, taking her hand reassuringly in hers, " No, no no, don't put it on yourself. It takes more than just some petty disagreement to get someone like him to fall sick. Even if it was about his mom or you, it shouldn't cause him a breakdown. Did the nurse talk about something else?"

" Not really...but she did mention something about his eating and sleeping patterns." Ciarra says as realisation dawned on her. She looks up at Ms Bella, " Honestly I rarely see him eat anything and I don't know about his sleep."

" I told you." Ms Bella grins, " The only thing eating him up is his bad day-to-day choices. I can tell you one thing about Canticle House boys I have taught over the few years I have been here, they Never sleep. They are practically nocturnal. That plus his poor eating habits should be enough to cause him a breakdown with the help of some minor issues he had to think about."

Ciarra had to admit it, she was right.

" So please don't stress yourself thinking about him, he'll be fine." She calmly says, " Come over to my office after school. Don't come to the house else Asare will kill you. And by the way, you got all five of them on point." She commends, referring to the examples she had written down before getting up to continue her inspection.

" Alright, so it seems most people have an idea but for the sake of those who don't, let's head to the lab to get the bigger picture on what is going on." She calls out to the class after checking the last table.

In the last period, she had successfully demonstrated to them five different methods of separating mixtures; decantation, evaporation, filtration, magnetisation and crystallization.  The bell for recess brings their lesson to an end and they throng out of the lab back to class.

Zuri'ah sighed when she walked in only to find Rebecca sitting in her seat in the empty classroom reading a Star Trek novel.

" Becca!" She calls in a warning tone as she rushes towards her but before she could say anything further, Rebecca puts up her hand to stop her without taking her eyes off the pages of the book.

Zuri'ah sighs and still spoke up,
" Where the hell have you been?"

" Library." She replies monotonously still reading, " Do you know Captain Piccard?"

" Oh come on, don't tell me you've never read Star Trek before." Zuri'ah says with an eye roll as she shuffles into her seat and picks up her backpack for her daily pills.

" He is so brave, his ship is practically going to crush into debris and he's still in it playing captain." She says.

Rufidat walks in after Ciarra who had rushed into the classroom and headed straight to their sitting place. She begins to pack up his books from under his desk into his backpack in an absent minded frenzy when she noticed an envelope that fell out of one of his notebooks. Her name was written on the flap so she opened it.

There was the invitation to Ink It. He was probably planning to surprise her by inviting her as his plus one to this exclusive event not knowing she had already been invited. How'd he get an invite anyway? She slowly slips it back into the book before placing it in his backpack and reaching out for another book on his table.