Chapter 15

Chapter dedicated to @jazminhood123

One Direction- Steal my girl.

" You know, everyone may fall for your good boy façade but not me. You've got to stand back." Jayel warns with a cocky grin.

" Wait, from what??..." Zaron asks guilelessly but the look in Jayel's eyes gave him the answer, " Oh I get it."

Zaron realizes Jayel's point and speaks up, " She has the will to talk to anyone here. You don't set rules for us just because your grandfather founded the school. You don't have any power over any of us students!"

He shoves Justice away and ran out of the place in the nick of time.

Jayel is taken aback by his words, he thought Zaron couldn't speak.

He chuckled at the guts Zaron had to tell him that.

" He doesn't know who he's messing with, does he?" Lester who had just arrived on the scene asks with a playful smirk as he leaned against the wall with his arms folded.

They laugh humorlessly and begin to walk away.

After school, Manhattan seniors went from dorm to dorm during prep to scout girls to represent them for the Interhouse Freshers Talent night.

Each house had to put together two acts for the show to be performed by their first year students only. Manhattan had chosen a dance choreography and a group act.

Only a handful of girls were needed for the dance and the best too.

For the dance, every dorm presented three girls to compete. Dorm 1 Sey had Sarah, Heather and Faye. Out of the three presented, only one person would be picked. Everyone was in their P.E attire at the tennis court for this

The biggest dancer in the house, Joyce was the judge and it wasn't an audition. They were doing it the old fashioned Manhattan style. A dance off.

The song is played and everyone is gathered around in a circle cheering and you had only five seconds to dance to the song before you pause for the next person to dance. It keeps going on that way till the song changes.

Heather was beyond nervous, she couldn't even join the crowd.

" I'm gonna flop." She observes, nervously chewing at her fingernails as she watched Flynn from dorm 4 Cortess dance to Fuse Odg's No Daylight.

" Chill Heather, you've got this. You're the best dancer I have seen in this school." Ashanti encourages, " Secondly I hear the house that takes any of the three positions wins a ceiling fan for each dorm. You know we need that don't you?"

" Hey, what if I bought one for our dorm ?" Veronica suggests.

" Haven't you heard of Nelson's charity policy. If you wanna buy for your dorm,then you'll have to buy one for every dorm in the school." Sarah informs her

" That's outrageous, seriously Heather, we need to win the fan. It's like a heat wave every night since last Thursday." Mae urges.

" I mean look at them, it's not as if you can't do any of what they're doing." Ciarra reminds her.

" You're wrong about that, I don't twerk." Heather corrects her.

" Neither do I." Sarah adds.

" But twerking is not really the main deal. People only use it as an excuse to not dance." Mae also observes and touched her shoulders in a reassuring way, " Get in there and show them how it's done Sister."

The song changes to Ciara's Level Up and Sister Kelinam calls them over to participate.

Heather bends over with both hands on her knees and watched as Faye went in for Dorm 1 Sey's first performance. She was good, like some sort of slippery elastic rubber band and it looked like she was enjoying herself. She steps back five seconds later and the dorm 1 Cortess representative dances up to her face as if to challenge her and she only grins and looks away.