Chapter 10

Chapter dedicated to BaabaBoldnez.

Ariana Grande- 7 rings

" I'm sorry, I kinda got lost." She says in such a sincere tone that he fell for it. She completely avoided eye contact with him

" Do you know you could easily get punished?...look up to me when I'm speaking to you! " He orders and she obliged.

What can I say, everyone falls for the charm. He softens up and she knew she'd won.

" Come see me after school, 2 Los Angeles and don't try to play smart." He says, " What's your name?"

" Victoria Appiah." It just rolls out of her tongue like it's true.

" Good, I am forgiving you. You can leave, just make sure you don't get caught." He dismisses her.

She walks away with a sinister grin plastered on.

                OoO

Friday comes by so quickly and as Coach Edwards had promised, he went through all the records of all students who were previously into basketball. He ended up with a hundred and fifty names of boys whom he drilled on Friday after school. Out of that, he picks the best twenty for the junior team.

Pious, Leny, the Cyber X team, Anel, Jayel and Lester were the boys from 1 New Jersey who had been picked and it was a whole new form of noise making in the class that afternoon.

Prep was from 7:00pm to 9:00pm for all freshmen but most people only survived up until 8:30 when they all begin to snooze, well, until the prep monitors came around and caught them.

By 9:30pm, Manhattan freshmen were already in their dorms and by 10:30pm the seniors also come back to the dorm by which time the bell for lights out goes off.

This time, Ciarra wasn't the only insomniac in the dorm. So she wasn't the only one who noticed the flashing of torchlights in the dorm by 11:40. Unlike Ciarra who pretended she never saw these lights every Wednesday and Friday nights, Faye couldn't and she spoke up to the three seniors, one of which she shared her bunk with.

" Sister Kathryn." She groans squinting at the lights as she got out of bed, " Why are you packing your stuff at this time?"

Kathryn and Joy froze and turned to find her staring.

" You didn't see anything, you're just sleep talking go back to bed." She convinces Faye who attempts going back to bed but something else just had to happen to wake others up. Kweiba sneezed in her sleep and Veronica subconsciously panicked because of the sound in her sleep before falling off her bed with a loud thud. She was just fortunate she was on a lower bunk.

The two of them woke Ashanti and Joy, the lightest sleepers in the dorm who's bunk wasn't far from theirs.

" I'm so sorry." Kweiba whispers as Veronica winces in pain.

They all also notice the flashlights.

" Where are you going?" Kweiba asks Vera who was picking the lock of some door that was always closed at the far end of the room.

The three seniors realised that explaining might get others to also wake up so she beckons all of the freshers awake to follow them when the door budges at Vera's side. Kathryn hikes her backpack over her shoulders and takes the lead

Heather and Veronica who hated breaking rules stood there hesitating whether to follow them or not.

" You two need some adventure in your lives." Kweiba went back for them and said before dragging them down what seemed to be stairs at the other side of the door. Joy closed it slowly and with the aid of the three flashlights belonging to the three seniors, they kept going down an endless flight of stairs till they end up in a room the size of a quarter of their dorm.