Chapter 28- In Junior High.

We're moving fast, all thanks to all your love and support. That's Joy up there anyway, just incase you were wondering.

It was a whole new mood in the dorm after dinning which everyone was forced to attend when the music was abruptly switched off. After pretending to be interested in the boiled yam and palava sauce with bits of mackerel prepared for them, and forcing Faye to eat by spoon-feeding her, they headed back to the dorm to spend the rest of the free time they had that evening because there was no prep, doing their own things.

Faye had Mae who had now showered, clean of any of the things spewed on her hours ago, escort her to Ms Bella's bungalow to go for her cake.

As soon as she stepped into the dorm with the transparent box Efua squealed, "Cake!!" The seniors ignore her and continue what they were doing, either folding up their laundry or just chitchatting about the night.

" Oh lord help us." Faye sighs with a hand to her forehead as if this was one of the most irritating situations in her life.

She walks over to Ivy after contemplating whether to share it with the seniors, " Sister Ivy please my Dad got me this and I don't think I can finish it alone so I want to share it with everyone."

Ivy looked skeptical for a moment.

" What's the celebration or did he he know we were going to win this competition?" Ivy asks with one of her catchy smiles that made her always approachable.

" No, I got my first A in my first test."

" Wow, if I had a Dad like yours, I'd be getting all my nine A's just to earn stuff." Vera says dropping the Government book she was reading unto her neatly laid bed which was next to Ivy's.

" Hey everyone!" Ivy calls out to draw everyone's attention. The talking soon subsided, " We need to celebrate, our girls just made us proud and someone just donated her cake."

" Now that's what I'm talking about!" Lartifa perks up getting off her bed and pulling out a box from under her bed at the other end of the dorm.

" I love the way you're thinking." Naa Djormo adds nodding her head as she joined Lartifa on her bed.

" You guys haven't been officially welcomed into the house yet, don't worry, we're still working on it. But at the moment..." Beullah begins as she picks up a box from her suitcase that she was folding her clothes into, " We wanna say, welcome to the dorm!!"

She brings out a box of champagne flutes with delicate stems as they all get to see what Lartifa had under her bed. Four bottles of Peter Micheal ' Point Rogue' chardonnays. She gives Beullah a knowing wink.

" Always the one with the good  stuff." Praise grins impressed and gives her a high five.

" But that is alcohol." Mae says looking perturbed.

" It's time to grow up kiddo." Lartifa states bluntly and Mae decides to shut up, " And for the record, all Ghanaians have tasted ethanol before, if you don't believe me, ask your mom about what happened at your naming ceremony."

" Oh my goodness Sister Lartifa, those cost more than the school fees I paid this semester." Kweiba gapes and Ivy takes the bottles and glasses from them and sets it on the coffee table that usually carried a flower vase next to the second window in the dorm which had been broken on their first day in the house.

" It should let you know how much we cherish you guys, you're important to us." Kathryn says slinging an arm around Veronica's shoulders, Veronica glances at her arm on her shoulder with an addled expression on. These seniors rarely even spoke to them....well, unless they were with them on one of their illegal escapades.