Chapter 4- Through the dorm

Chapter dedicated to Deria Abban my fellow writer.

Can we dance- The vamps

Time seemed to have stopped until the bell shrilled through the walls of the dorm.

Saved by the bell.

" You heard Asare, tardiness is a thing she precisely hates so save your paranoias and grab your lunch bags. It's dinning." Anita rumbles and walks away towards her cabin.

The room was now filled with a shuffle of noises as they rummaged through their suitcases and backpacks for their plates and cutlery.

Ciarra stuffed them into her backpack still glaring at Sabina. Something was telling her they were not going to like each other.

What's that saying again, Two captains can never be in one shipm Well this was surely coming to pass.

" Come on Ciarra, let's go." Heather urges and they joined the others.

The first years were the last to leave the dorm since they didn't even know where exactly the dinning hall was.

" I smell something fishy." Kweiba comments and they all agreed.

" Ever read Kate Brian's Private series?" Ashanti asks them, " Billings house was the best house and carried the most secrets. I think it runs through all the prestigious houses in boarding schools."

" Agreed, oh there's Chelsea,let's follow her."  Ciarra points out from the balcony and they quickly descended the stairs and caught up with her.

" What's up guys?" She asks in an elated tone.

" Don't know where the Dinning hall is." Ciarra informs her.

" You came to the right person. I love food and everything associated with it." She states boldly and Mae and Healenore chuckle.

" I'm not really a fan of food." Faye complains.

" Then prepare for a fight with Mrs Asare." Chelsea informs her as they follow her out of the house, " There's three hundred of us and just one of her and if you end up with an ulcer or some sort of health issue, she'll be blamed so over here, if you miss dinning, you'll be weeding the fields."

" Oh." Healenore realises.

" Why are you all following me in the first place. Don't you have seniors in your dorm?" She asks out of curiosity.

" There's something off about them. Gives me the hibee-jibees." Faye says.

" Baeta, mind elaborating?" Chelsea asks the most outspoken one of the group.

" How do you know my name?"

" This is Manhattan house, word goes around pretty fast. Everyone knows Professor Baeta's daughter, and Doctor McAllister's  is here. The rest of you, well they don't have enough tabs on you to figure out who you are."

" There's one person missing in our dorm."

" These dorms hold a lot of secrets and there's enough space to carry it all. Have you asked yourselves why there are only five dorms occupying two three storey buildings. Don't try to dig into anything. Just go with the flow. That's what we do."

The conversation switched to the various courses they were offering and how different the school was in comparison to their junior high schools.

Finally they get to the dinning hall and Chelsea walks them to the Menu where several sheets of papers had been pasted beneath the various meals for the day.