Chapter 73- Stratosphere

Dolly Parton- Backwoods Barbie.

" Seriously Nana, a shooting star is just some burning spacial object that found itself in our stratosphere. You don't really believe it has the power to make your wishes come true, do you?"

" You are such a dream crusher." Kobby deflates.

" It's just a fact." Ciarra shrugs getting up to leave.

" Wait for me." Kobby calls feeling a bit better now.

   OoO

Sunday came with a solemn worship then the basketball game was to begin at 1pm then the soccer game at 5pm.

Faye was beyond nervous that morning and feared being shoved around the field like last time. She had practiced adequately but was still overly anxious. The moment everyone left for worship, she returns to the dorm where Velar stealthily was as usual. She lay hanging upside down from her bunk bed scrolling through her cellphone.

" What? I hate worship and I'm not going to be hypocritical about it." Velar shrugged when she caught sight of her. She sat up and glared at Faye.

Faye looked over her shoulders and replied, " I need help."

" You don't need help Faye, you only need this." Velar points at her temple referring to using her mind knowing exactly what Faye was hinting at.

" I promise this will be the last time but I really really need it." She pleads.

" Whoa that's deep. 300 cedis no bargain." Velar grins.

Faye facepalmed as her palms grew sweaty and her legs felt like jelly.

" Come on Velar it was 100 the last time."

" Sorry Fayanna but that's how it works. The more you crave for it, the more you'll have to pay for it."

" Velar I have only a 100 cedis." She pleaded.

" Then maybe you don't need it that much!" Velar shrugs getting up and walking towards the door.

" No no wait!" She held on to Velar with unstable hands. Velar turned and looked her in the eye, you could see who Faye really was in moments like these, just a scared little girl trying to outdo herself and please everyone but herself.

It was pathetic to watch and Velar pulled her hand away.

" My Dad will be coming for the open day. I'll get the rest for you, just give it to me now." Faye pleaded.

" I don't do those kind of deals. You have the money, you get it, you don't, then I'm off." Velar chuckled and walked out of the room.

Faye felt itchy and uneasy all over. She knew she wasn't supposed to be on drugs for the game but she really needed to win this else she had both to prove, secondly she wanted to keep herself together as her Dad was coming, she feared the updates she'd receive about her mom from her Dad. Also, Ladi just nailed his game, she had to match up to him by also being a winner. As stupid as that sounded, that was exactly how Faye felt at that moment.

Being a winner under her normal strength meant losing but with drugs she could be a winner under the expected terms on the pitch. Her breathing was uneven and for a moment she felt so bad for herself, she had to be a captain today and just look at her, an emotional wreck.

She quickly sneaked out of the room and the house and walked towards the chapel, towards the door Ashanti had been posted at.

" Faye you're late." Ashanti whisper-shouts.

" I know, write down my name don't do favorites." She tells her, " Anyway I need a favor. "

" What?" Ashanti asked not looking up from her book as she scribbled down Faye's name.