Chapter 54- Personal Chauffeur

Rihanna- Man down

                                                               OoO

" Is he really your brother?" Fede asks from the backseat where he sat with Ciarra when they had pulled up unto the high street.

" I wish." Ciarra grins ruffling Roland's hair from behind his seat.

" CeeCee's personal chauffeur, at your service." Roland giggles from the effects of the ruffle with a mock salute, " I still feel bad that you'd rather take the bus home for midterms than have me drive you."

" Trust me, it was going to be an extremely awkward ride in silence, so I'm saving you the boredom. Secondly I wanna hang with my girlfriends." Ciarra tries to explain to him,
" Seriously Roland, how'd you get the car out without Papa's notice?"

" He's away for a conference in Ivory Coast and the house is practically mine now." He explains taking a U-turn towards the highway,
" Honestly, ever since you left for school, the house has practically lost all it's liveliness. I mean Jasmine isn't there anymore and your mom and Dad keep traveling around more frequently since you aren't around."

" Ooooh, who's Jasmine?"

" My sister." Ciarra replies.

" Bet she's as pretty as you are, mind linking us up?"

" Eeeeeew, she's twelve years older than I am so she isn't your match and as a matter of fact, she's married."

" Oh-kay, then that means I still have to work on getting rid of Kobby." Fede jokes and Roland laughs.

" You must dislike him too." Fede points out as he unbuttons his blazer, he wore it only for formality so Mr Peters wouldn't question his claim. He wore a white t-shirt underneath.

" I can't say I'm a big fun of him but if Ciarra likes him, then I'm obliged." Roland shrugs from behind the steering wheel.

" Oh come on guys, he's not that bad."

" So why do you want to go to a prison of all places?" Roland asks the question that had been on his mind since Ciarra called him that morning for a ride.

" Just for some creative ideas." Ciarra answers and he knew when she answered things plainly like that, it was because she didn't want any further questions.

" Alright." Roland agrees as Fede unzips his backpack retrieving a fluffy stuffed white bunny.

" Who's that for?"

" Sly dated her for a while and he used to talk about her stuffed animal obsession so I got her one from the Balloon pop shed last night."

" That's so sweet of you, you actually won this for her?" Ciarra asks taking it from him to have a look and he nods with a shy smile.

" I am sure she's gonna love it." Ciarra grins, " How about we stop at the nearest food vendor for a meal for her?"

"  She'd appreciate that." Fede agrees as Roland drives into the outer lane at their request.

Because it was a Sunday, there wasn't much traffic on the way there so they arrived at the Eastern Regional Female Penitentiary an hour after leaving campus. Roland pulled up into the gravel parking lot and they both stepped out to the depressing brown building with it's sign faded and hanging loose on its hinges. Ciarra looked around, it was your typical Alcatraz, with the high mesh nets surrounding the walls plus the thorny barbed wires.

A crow cawed loudly from an electric wire high up, as if to welcome them to the somber place. And at that moment, Ciarra knew she would never want to do anything that will end her up in such a place. If she, a sane person didn't want that for herself, how much more a mentally unstable person?