Chapter 44- Kite

Jason Derulo- Tootsie slide.

" Is all that true?" Nesrina asks them as she got back to her seat and suddenly everyone takes an interest in their food.

" I'm going to find out on Sunday. Hey, aren't we supposed to be getting signatures from Sister Beullah?" Ciarra asks.

" Yeah, but I'm suddenly feeling reluctant to go back to that house." Heather begins.

" Oh come on, don't tell me you're taking Kobby serious. The guy just got out of the infirmary, he's probably on some depressing meds or something." Sarah says callously and they all give her a look and she realizes her slip up.

Veronica.

" Sorry, I didn't mean it that way." Sarah apologizes.

" But on a more serious note, are we or are we not going back?" Mae asks.

" Guys, Manhattan is our home, it's my home. I worked so hard to get in there  and I'm not ready to give up on it just because of some crazy people in the house." Efua says.

" Efua is right, but if we have to survive that house we need to have boundaries so that we'll know when we're starting to act like them. Because honestly, there are some very good people in the house yet the bad influence outnumbers them all." Ciarra reasons.

" I better head to Ivy for the signatures before recess is over." Faye suggests as she gets out of her seat.

"Coming." Ciarra adds and drags herself out of her seat.

Veronica fishes through her binder for the sheet and handed it to them.

Ivy's table wasn't that far from Candace's and that meant it was far down the quad, where most of the seniors convened. They felt extremely intimidated by every single look that came their way as they passed by several tables.

Today too, Candace's table was buzzing with an upbeat pop song as she and her friends made fun of one of the guys there and shared very crude jokes.

Worst part was when someone from Ivy's table wolf whistled their way drawing the entire table's attention to them.

" Oh my goodness, it's my favorite people!!" Ivy swoons with her clear pitch black eyes lighting up in excitement as she got out of her seat and gave them a group hug, drawing more attention to them with her adorable squeals. She was practically the most giddy of all the seniors.

" Hey Sister Ivy." Ciarra greeted nervously when they break out of the hug.

" My, I've missed you guys already. Ever since you guys left, I don't have to go on the lookout for Asare in the morning before inspection. God, those kids from Florida are so punctual. They make us look late!!" Ivy rambles as the girls laugh at the memory.

They were always late for everything; inspection, dining, assembly, house meetings, you name it. And they thought it was all their seniors' fault because some of them were never latecomers until they got into Manhattan. Heather for instance. She could swear that house was possessed by a spirit of tardiness, because even when she woke up extremely early, something always found a way to hold her back from being prepared.

" They are your freshmen, right?" A girl at the table ask in a very poised and attractive tone. She had huge Bambi eyes that looked slanted everytime she smiled, in a very cute way and she definitely looked like someone Ivy would be friends with. They both had that rare charm most girls didn't know they had, " They're pretty."

" Yeah, I know right? , You haven't met the rest yet, you'll love them!" Ivy rants before turning back to them, "Hey guys, meet Trendy. She's my BFFLTWD." Ivy introduces them to her friends.