Chapter 17-

That's Cheyenne, Jordyn, Mackie, Amina and Paris 😂

Kidi - Say Cheese.

She was in class as usual that Friday morning. Through out the first and second lesson, Ashanti was dozing off for the first time in Math class. The boys noticed so as soon as Sir Charles walked out of the class the two boys walk over to Zaron and playfully smacked him across the back.

" I didn't know you were such a bad boy." Kobby jokes.

" What is wrong with you guys?, What did I do?" Zaron winces and asks.

" Oh come on, stop with the nonchalance act. I mean look at her." Samed gestures with his head at Ashanti who's head was on her desk sleeping.

" You guys are delusional, what are you insinuating?" Zaron wonders in his defense and Lejandro joins the duo.

" We're not kids anymore Zaron, you suddenly went MIA on us during prep and Ashanti also is no where to be found suddenly." He elaborates logically.

" I hear they went to the chapel, you two were isolated for crying out loud." Samed emphasises and puts his palms together in prayer, "Oh Allah, forgive them. For they didn't know what they were doing."

" She hasn't paid attention to a single teacher since class started and I don't think this one is trypanosomiasis ." Kobby says, " I think this is one of the signs and symptoms of ...." He pauses dramatically and the rest get the vibe and all three called out in a hushed tone, spelling out the first four letters of the word.

" P-R-E-G...NANCY!!!"

" You three are really insane, get back to your seats." Zaron placed both hands to his ears and said.

They continue to laugh at him and decided to just leave him to himself.

Mr Simon walks into the class in an ugly green slim fit shirt that clearly exposed their potbelly.

He had assigned Fridays as the Classification day.

" When I see big men with potbellies, I think of DJ Khaled, but when I see a skinny man like Mr Simon with a potbelly, do you know what comes to mind?" Christian giggles and whispers to Emmanuel his sitting partner,

" Kweku Ananse in the land of Hunger! " He giggles referring to the African folklore about the greedy spider.

The two burst out laughing.

Mr Simon turns from writing on the board to the noise emanating from one of the front seats.

" Do you two mind sharing what you're laughing about?" He asks.

They stopped and turned back to face him with no trace of humor on their faces.

" Errrm, Sir please Emmanuel just abbreviated the phylums of  the Kingdom prototista." Chris starts to fib.

" I want to hear it Mr Dzah." Mr Simon encourages and Christian hesitantly stood up.

" ZACPRERCO." He says in plain Akan language causing Larry who was taking a swig from his water bottle to spew out the water unto his sitting partner Elikem in an attempt to laugh whiles simultaneously drinking water. Elikem pounced on him in disgust and fury as the class burst out in laughter.

Not about the incident but rather from what Christian had said earlier. The abbreviotion reminded them of one of the Reverends from the chapel, Rev Zach.

The term literally meant 'Zac the pig'.

" Come write its meaning here." He extends a chalk to him for him to come to the board.