Chapter 67- Blood

To those of you who want me to write about what happens between Vee and Calvin on their honeymoon, I'm so sorry guys... even I can't imagine what's going on. Naturally I like to let the story to flow along with me so I sometimes have no idea what's going on with some of my characters but you're free to use your imagination.

Heather invited her siblings to her performance at Fikele's brother's wedding so they would be aware of her whereabouts. It was an amazing time for all the dancers in Nelsons even Ha Won who was new to African weddings. Heather's mom arrived sometime that evening and they spent the entire night talking as they prepared her bags for school.

On Monday morning, Veronica's cellphone vibrates next to her on the bed and she reluctantly pulled away from Calvin's side to check out who it was. It was her mom and it was a video call. She almost panicked, throwing the duvet aside and quickly pulling on her T-shirt that had found its way somewhere along the carpeted room. She slipped into the bathroom and pushed the toilet seat cover down, sitting on it. She picked up after running a hand through her hair.

" Hey baby, how are doing today?" Her mother grinned, it looked like she was in her car being driven somewhere judging by the seatbelt.

" Good morning mom."

" It's afternoon Veronica, what have you been up to that's led to you losing track of time?" Her mother chuckles looking snug in her pantsuit.

" Nothing, just studying and stuff, where are you going to anyway?"

" I have a flight to Egypt for Congress and I want to be back by this evening to meet you before you go because I don't want to be like those overly busy parents. We're a team remember?"

" I know that mom and that's even more reason why you shouldn't be worried, as you said we're not like those mothers and daughters, we're a team so we understand each other."

" I don't know if making you mature faster was a good or bad thing, you're less snobbish than expected for a normal fifteen year old." That really got Veronica laughing.

" I'm gonna let you be before you start telling me how old I sound, hey where's Mae?"

" She's taking a shower." She quickly lied so her mother won't ask to speak to her.

" Aren't you also in a bathroom?" Her mother asked.

" Ashanti has a lot of those, I told you her house is impressive." Veronica covers up again.

" Ok, you girls should hurry up and get back to your grandmother. She might not say it but I know she gets really lonely without any of us around."

" About loneliness mommy, you two are not too old to start over." Veronica points out.

" Hmmm....It's not a choice actually, you know it was by necessity why we chose to be celibates."

" Yeah but the goal was to be successful and you are now, so what's holding you back?"

" A phobia for disappointment Veronica, where's this coming from anyway, you used to be so open minded about this."

" I don't know mom, human evolution?"

" You hit puberty kiddo, I get it, but trust me there's nothing real at that age so open your eyes baby. Is there something you're not telling me?" Her mother asked knowing Veronica so well and she scoffed.

" I'll tell you when I'm ready." Veronica states cowardly.

" You can tell me everything, I'm going to be home tonight." Ruby insists

" No mom, when I'm ready.... I'll tell you."

That statement got her mother even more paranoid.

" Are you pregnant?"