Chapter 53- Titanium Bars

Jupitar ft Sarkodie Enemies

                          OoO

The bright light from the open louvre blades of the room woke Kweiba up and she winced at the light before realizing something was totally off. Not just the hammering in her head but this room was oddly different from Florida's dorm. She looked down at the white sheets covering her torso and her eyes widened in horror as her eyes fell on her supposed pajama shirt lying somewhere on the floor.

No way, they couldn't have! She tried to dismiss the thought but her brain told her otherwise as flashes of the previous night run through her mind.

When she turned to the right side of the bed, there Jerry was sleeping soundly, his pajama pants strewn somewhere across the room.

Kweiba sat up wrapping herself with the bedsheets, suddenly feeling guilty about everything. She quickly got out of the bed and picked up her shirt, heading back to her room.

She took a very long shower, trying to suppress the memories of the previous night but totally failing. Jerry didn't deserve that, now things were surely going to get weirder than before. They were both only fifteen years old, this was so messed up. After the shower she found her neatly laundered and pressed dress on her bed and quickly put it on.

She put on her shoes and attempted brushing her head which felt as if it would fall off soon.

She had to face him anyway. Before she could step out, she heard a knock on the door whiles she buckled her shoes. It seemed impossible to do so because everytime she bowed, her eyes hurt so bad.

" Come in." She called and the door slowly opened to a fully dress Jerry. His blazer had also been dry cleaned and he looked as smashing as he did the previous night.

" Hey, I brought you this. The innkeeper got it for me." He informs her extending a tiny bottle of pills,
" It's a painkiller, how are you feeling?"

He drew closer and handed it to her with a bottle of water.

" Thanks." Kweiba managed to mutter out before swallowing two tablets.

She tried to bend over again and she winced. Jerry quickly walks over and kneels infront of her buckling up her shoes.

" Where are we?" Kweiba asked.

" The taxi driver left us here. I don't remember much but he seemed very pissed." Jerry chuckles.

" Hey Jeremiah, " Kweiba calls and he looks up, their eyes meeting,
" Something happened between us last night and I feel very awful for letting it happen."

" It's okay, it was just a mistake, come on let's get going." He says standing up and extending a hand.

" You do know that Worship will be starting in ninety minutes right?" Kweiba asks him as she took his hand.

" I know, don't worry, we'll figure a way to get back in." Jerry assures her as they walked out if her room and down the hallway to the dining room.

After a breakfast of mandarin tea and toast, they got into a cab and set off to Nelson's, using the Manhattan girls' secret passage way.

Kweiba wasn't the only one to wake up with a guilty conscience compounded by a dreadful hangover. Fayanna Quansah sat still on her bed after dressing up for worship. The guilt was eating her up and today was going to be a very busy day for her; they were moving back to Manhattan, she had soccer practice and a test to prepare for on Monday. Ladi had gotten her some Advil but she wasn't craving for that.