Chapter 26- Sympathy

That's how I perceive Heather's physique. Thanks for all the votes. I appreciate each one of them.

" I wonder how a girl could be so good on the mixer." Sarah refers to Rebecca who was behind the currently running rap battle between three boys and one girl all from different houses. They were rapping Eminem's Rap God.

She would pause the song and play it again in the nick of time for the next person to continue the rap and if you were lost or didn't continue the phrase in time you were out.

" You'd better not talk about Becca in Jordyn's presence." Heather whispers to her scanning Jordyn's face two seats away in a cute scowl.

" Why do you detest her so much?" Sarah asks curiously.

" If you had a boyfriend who keeps talking about another girl to you, you'd understand." Jordyn hisses.

" Tell me about it." Ciarra breathes out with her arms folded after being silent since she got there.

" I am not surprised, the guy is like a girl magnet. Even I had a crush on him at first sight. His friends are so nice too, especially the humorous one who gives me messages to Heather that I never deliver." Amina adds.

" You mean Lejandro right?, I spilled my tea over him by accident during breakfast last week and he bought me a cup of coffee and a pop tart. So sweet." Faye recalls smiling.

" You guys are not serious, are you?" Heather asks in amazement wondering what at all her friends were trying to say, " I mean he's the most annoying prick I have ever met and he sits right in front of me. Isn't that enough torture?"

" Oh come on Heather, cut him some slack." Ciarra swings an arm around Heather's shoulders and says, " Lejandro is quite irritating sometimes but when you get to know him better, you'll see that he's a very wonderful person."

" Wait, the name rings a bell. Healenore, isn't he the one who wanted to join the choir last week?" Veronica asks Healenore who was partially listening to their conversation amidst the loud ruckus from the audience.

" He's the white kid, right?" Healenore stiffles a yawn and asks, Veronica nods, " Oh yeah, even though I don't know why he would want to join the school's choir when all the boys practically tease all the dudes in the choir and call them sissies."

" Heather's in the choir, right?" Amina asks and Healenore nods.

" It's simple, he's joining because of you." Faye swoons and Heather covers her face with both palms.

" Can we please change the subject, I am not comfortable with where the conversation is going." Heather says in a muffled voice.

" Where is Mae?" Ciarra asks and they all realise her absence and begin to look around for her just in case she was sitting far from them.

" There she is." Efua says in utter shock as everyone turned to look in the direction she was looking.

There Mae stood deflated, they had really done a terrible job on her. She walks over to them praying she hadn't just ruined her own reputation as well as that of her house.

Her tan skin had Talcum powder all over, some even filmed her wire rimmed glasses and she had the same dress up and make up as Kweiba but she had something on as a choker and Sarah curiously reached for it, "Hey , what's that?...a sanitary pad...eeew!!" Sarah quickly drops it when Mae replies to her question monotonously.

" I'm sorry guys, I think I just humiliated the entire house." Mae says in a distraught voice as Ciarra got up so she could sit on her seat away from the intense stares and giggles from members of other houses next to them.