Chapter 68- Musicals.

Sia- Titanium

Ashanti woke up with a start at the sound of the school sirene. She glanced to her side but Heather wasn't there. Faye grumpily got out of bed and her eyes looked as if she'd cried all night long. Ashanti wondered why she wasn't as wrecked as the others. Well yes she was sad about what happened but she hadn't a single somber nerve in her.

Well maybe it was because she was different from all of them. At most, each one of them had their parents or siblings constantly thinking about them. Her mother couldn't care less. As she brushed her teeth,  Ashanti begun to contemplate if she'd probably grown cold over the years. Possibly, she lived alone, continuously had monotonous conversations with herself, watched movies with her stuffed animals and literally lived life on edge; diving to incredible depths to see how long she could last without oxygen, speed racing the cars her father got her and generally being her own personal idiot.

She wished at least one person took her seriously in this world, not as Ashanti Goodman the outstanding student and know-it-all, she wanted someone who would see her as the overgrown seven year old she was because deep down, she still felt like the seven year old dumped in a boarding school very very far from home.

These were the thoughts that run through her head as she did her chores at the chapel. Shockingly Heather had already done her part of the job and there was no sign of her.

She had thought Heather was the first person to see her for who she really was, she thought Heather knew her by now but with how the way she was pulling away Ashanti felt like she had done something to offend her. She kept thinking about it and wondered what she could have possibly done wrong and suddenly she felt utterly disappointed in herself.

I mean this is what I do, when people get closer then I somehow manage to push them away, I don't even know how I have possibly done that to everyone I've been so close to. She thought to herself as she washed the rags at the taps outside the chapel.

She sighed and sat on the concrete next to the tap absentmindedly

" Thought I'd find you here." A very familiar voice says, " The water is running out of a different channel."

Zaron turned off the running tap that she had forgetfully left running.

" I guess you expected to find me in tears or something." She looked up at him and said.

" Not really, we're kinda like that." He states sitting next to her.

" We?" She wondered and he nodded sitting next to her.

" W..wh.. when we got to the scene, I was petr... petrified so I kind of c..co.. cowardly stood back at the car."

" That's ok Zaron, you're not a fighter anyway." Ashanti assures him and he sighed.

" It wasn't about s..sstr..strength, it was about reacting like a normal p.. person. "

" I don't think that should be a problem. I mean you did do something."

He took in a deep breath, " I kept wondering, what if I was the only one who saw it, would I have been able to do what Kobby did? Makes me feel an.. anxious."

" Maybe we are different." Ashanti agreed, " Now Heather hates me for reasons I don't know. I don't know how I keep managing to screw things up."

" She doesn't hate you, sh...she'll c..c..c..ome around."

" I hope so. See you in class I need to go take a shower and change."

" Alright." Zaron nods and walked her back to the walkway before leaving.

Assembly was pretty spiritual that day because Praise had insisted on dedicating ten minutes to prayers. She wanted everyone to say their own silent prayer. Ashanti found that to be quite inconsiderate considering agnostics like herself. If God was really all-powerful why would he watch Ciarra get hurt so badly, no normal father on earth would even want to watch their children suffer when they had the power to stop it so what was all this prayer for anyway? Ashanti wondered.