chapter 1

The spraycan laid on the cement floor, the sunlight reflecting on it brightly. You grabbed it and started to draw the last details on your canvas. Well, it wasn't an actual canvas, more of a random wall of an abandoned building. But it was good enough for your imagination to commence. Your hand glided easily, sometimes hovering over a more difficult section. You smiled, after 2 hours you finally finished your piece. 

The purple grinning cat stared at you, his calculating eyes twinkling in amusement. It was the Cheshire cat from Alice in Wonderland. Y/n always loved the fairytale, it reminded them of the life they had. Always in some fantasy land, detached from factual reality. You hated it. The reality wasn't something you enjoyed, rather the opposite. 

You sighed and packed your cans in your black leather bag your mom bought you for your 16th birthday. You held the beat-up sack close to your heart, it reminded you of your dear mom. 

My family wasn't the richest, the opposite actually. You scoffed at your statement. We weren't a family, more like strangers with broken minds.

You looked at the mischievous creature one more time, a weird feeling settled in the pit of your stomach. Almost like a deja vu. It's weird, but you admired the cat. 

The thing is, you never had control, you didn't have your own rock after... she left. You were lost and you yearned for being cognitive. And the Cheshire feline was the literal impersonation of mocking the simple-minded, mocking the unknowing. 

You rolled your eyes at your crazy conclusions and turned around.

Walking back home wasn't the easiest, the heavy load on your shoulder slowed you down.„Fuck, I will never get used to dragging this junk with me." You walked a little more, your black hood over your head. People gave you dirty looks, but you did look like a mysterious criminal so you didn't really mind. 

You grabbed your keys to your apartment and went inside.

It was empty as usual. The truth is that you are an involuntary loner. You don't have friends, no siblings and your parents are half dead. Well your mom is 6 foot deep and your dad is..well he isn't a very affectionate man. He works every day and you see him once a week. 

You don't hate him, after all, he feeds you and buys you things you need. Maybe it's the bare minimum a parent should do, but in your head, it could have been worse.

You carefully placed your bag on the floor of your bedroom. It was quite big, with posters of singers and your favorite characters scattered over the walls. A bed stood in the middle of the room and you jumped on it with a giggle. 

Y/n looked quite cold but inside they were just a little kid, still filled with hope and happiness, despite the tragedies that took place. 

You grabbed your laptop, notifications filled your screen. „Ah it's my missing assignments, I thought it was from my friends. that don't exist," you smirked at the pathetic social life you had. Very lazily you started to do your homework. 

You didn't really bother about your grades, you knew the intelligence and wit you had can't be graded.

You were smart, without trying you had A's sometimes good B's. You let out a sly chuckle, knowing that if the zombie apocalypse happened, grades would be useless. A gun would be actually efficient. 

Your half-smile halted, you remembered the similarly crazy conversations you had with...her.

Kuina.

Hikari Kuina.

She was your friend. No... she was way more. Kuina was my soulmate.

I groaned, the memories of us flowing into my head. I wanted to forget about her, I really did. But how can you forget someone that shaped your soul and mind?

Y/n shut their eyes tightly, laying completely on their back. You put your hand over your eyes, tears burning behind them. You missed her so much. The soft hands patting your cheek, the fire sparkling behind her eyes, the kindness that she gave to everyone. The kisses that drove you craz-

Your thoughts got interrupted by the loud squeaks of fireworks. You quickly sat up startled. You weren't only surprised by the sounds, but also the fact that it was pitch black in your room. 

„Huh, what happened?" you mumbled. Your heart pounded against your chest loudly, the weird feeling settling in your stomach once again.

You looked around and decided to check the damage. The phone on your bed was grabbed by your hand. Black. The screen was black. You tried to turn it on but to no vail. Now you were freaked out. 

You quickly stood up and rushed into the living room where a big window was situated. You went to it hesitantly, your legs shaking.

You knew something happened, your intuition was always your strongest trait. The curtains were moved to the sides by your trembling hands. You gasped. There wasn't much to look at. 

Everything was pitch black. No lights and dead silence.

You slowly backed away, having no idea what's fucking happening. You quickly grabbed your useless piece of shit phone and put on your combat boots. You opened the door and in the rush of things forgot to lock it. 

Quick steps is the only thing y/n hears, their heart running a race. You roughly opened the exit door of the apartment building and walked out into the chilly night in Tokyo city.

                                                                                .....................................

HELLO THERE! This is the 1. chapter and it took AGEEEES lmao....anyways i like to write story in slower pace but i know you arent patient so i try to write in some action. Chishiya is roughly appearing in maybe the third chapter.If you have suggestion how the story should go pls DM meeeee.I'm active almost 24/7 and i don't have a life.