chapter 44

Something warm bit on my eyelids, it was so harsh but at the same time, weirdly enjoyable. The blood in my skin became visible to my pupils, now seeing an orange haze. My finger twitched as I cracked one of my eyes open, but immediately shutting it after an overwhelming light came crushing on me. I groaned and rolled over to escape the sun, well, at least I tried to.

As I turned my body to the other side, something completely stopped my barreling movements, resulting in my arm harshly impacting some warmness and my face colliding with something oddly sharp. „Ow, ow, ow! You bitch..." I immediately snapped my eyes open at the half screech followed by the profanity on my name, jumping swiftly away from the source.

Even if my brain was still dazy from the sleep, and my hair was messily all over my probably slobber-covered face, I could still make out the very familiar figure on the blankets in front of me. Her bright blue swimsuit could be spotted anywhere, Kuina's face like a morning glory to my sleepiness.

She had her hand rubbing her shoulder as she slyly looked at me with a smirk, her eyes skimming the entirety of my body, taking in all that happened probably. I just ignored her suspicious gaze and jumped on her with a giggle, hugging her head to my chest gently as if she was a glass doll, happy that I see her. In some way, for me, she was and always will be a person with a tender personality, no matter how many times she fights.

She exhaled deeply and returned my hug, her long fingers messaging my back while I tried to remember who am I and what am I doing. I was completely oblivious to everything every time I wake up, my brain still turned off and quite damaged from the over usage of every drug on this earth. Nobody told me that pleasure comes with long life consequences.

„Well good morning to you too little devil." the dreaded woman mumbled into my chest with a chuckle, before she departed from my touch, her gaze skimming over my face with an almost grimace. I frowned as I took in her facial expression before I looked down and checked the T-shirt I was wearing, letting out an ooh sound with wide eyes.

„Wait, I am wearing Chishiya's shirt..." I pondered and shook my head, blinking away the confusion before I snapped my head to the smirking Kuina, who had just nibbled on the goddamn stick, her crossed arms as if glaring at me. I wish she didn't open her mouth after.

„Yeah, that's not what I was concerned about." I cocked an eyebrow at her and tilted my head, feeling the hot sun hitting my back. She just licked her lips and pointed somewhere into the room with her finger leisurely, my head turning at her command. What I was met with was just the trashed room, the feathers reflecting every little shine on its pure white cascade.

A frown appeared on my face as the repressed memories came back, gulping as the corner of my mouth twitched upwards. Chishiya did confuse me on the maximum level, but I knew it had to take everything in him to actually cuddle a human being, especially me, for no actual purpose.

It was a shame I passed out right after, not being able to enjoy his comfort more. Where was he anyway?

„Y/n, I really didn't think you were-" Kuina coughed after I sharply sent her a cold look, but still she continued. „-so kinky. I mean look, you two destroyed the whole fucking room." she wildly gestured all over the space with a bewilderment expression. „How does that even happen?"

I groaned, and buried my face into my hands, but quite humored at the situation. I mean look at my pathetic self, thirsting over a man who I knew didn't care, yet again disappearing like a ghost. „Kuina please, stop, we didn't do anything." I said dejectedly, before lifting my head up to the ceiling, a crack popping into my ear at the motion.

„The huge ass hickeys on your neck say otherwise." My hand went up to my neck in the speed of light, my eyes almost coming out as I looked at Kuina and processed her words before I clumsily got up from the bed. The sheets were wrapped around my legs, but I violently yanked and threw them on the floor, striding to the bathroom to look at the damage certain blonde did.