chapter 18

TW: gore at the end of the chapter, but it's a big part of the plot

                                      ................................................

After I read the note, I truly didn't know what to feel about the message from Chishiya. My fingers gripped the small piece of paper tighter, my brain trying to figure out Blondie's hieroglyphs targeted at my feelings. I turned my head to the side like a puppy, my eyes big and confused but still touched by his effort.

He could have just left without any further information and completely cut me off, but he didn't. Chishiya is truly an unsolvable enigma, probably nobody in his life not yet cracked him open and dug in his soul. My mouth turned into a cocky smirk, knowing that maybe I truly move him with my embarrassing actions.

Maybe someday, we are going to be friends.

I nodded my head at the thought, before tugging the piece of paper into my leggings safely, the note only evidence of my meeting with Chishiya. Even though I don't want to admit it, I am glad that I met the guy. It was just so entertaining to be around him, the times where I was mad at him not completely serious.

I sighed and went to the kitchen, the walkie-talkie waiting patiently on the island counter, no sounds yet coming from it. My hands immediately grabbed and examined it, never having this thing in my hands before. There was some big button at the side, my fingers pushing it down to see what happens.

„-until the evening games. I repeat, it is prohibited to leave the premises of Beach until the evening games."

A familiar female voice echoed around me, the robotic-like filter making it harder to recognize the person. I frowned at it a little bit, knowing that there were dangerous people in Beach that could potentially harm Blondie. And Niragi...

I didn't bother to talk into the radio thing, knowing that I would just embarrass myself and people don't even know who I am. So with that, I placed it back on its spot, my empty stomach bubbling with hunger. I glanced at the cabinet with supplies, before I opened it and rummaged through it.

Unsurprisingly nothing more magically appeared there after the first time my nose was dived in it, me ending up picking the colorful cereal. Two days of my visa are still in front of me, my mind running through the things I should probably do in that spare time.

I opened the cereal cardboard box, shoving my hand inside and grabbing a handful of the unhealthy breakfast food. I dumped it into my mouth, chewing on it. My eyes stayed on the bedroom door, half expecting for Chishiya to barge in the kitchen and raise his eyebrows at me like he did the night before.

But of course, that didn't happen, Blondie already I don't even know where.

I groaned at the thoughts, hating the way my brain is acting like I was married to him. I needed yet another plan. So many things happened and I am slowly starting to not recognize reality, just wanting to lay on the bed, thinking that everything is somehow going to return to normal.

I could either stay here, go to my apartment or visit Arisu and his friends. Even though I didn't really think about them much I still am concerned about their well-being. They were the first humans I have seen in this world and Arisu did save our asses in the first game. I just hope they aren't dead.

I grabbed Chishiya's note, the last line puzzling my mind now. It was sweet that he recommended me the book, me only knowing the story distantly, after all, it was a classic. I could just go to some random book store and well, steal it, jumping on the beanbags they usually have there and savour the story.

I could visit Arisu tomorrow, knowing that Chota's and the girl's visa is going to expire that day.

„Today we relax Y/n, alone, just how we like it." I patted myself on the shoulder, this behavior being normal when nobody is around. I needed food, water, new clothes and just maybe have some fun with myself in the city. The gun was still in my pants, reminding me of its power usage if some tight situation occurs. But I knew deep down that I would never shoot with it, even in a life-threatening situation.