chapter 8

My whole body froze when his name fell from his lips. The same name that was written on my graffiti of the Chesire Cat. The realization hit me hard, my eyes widening slightly. I looked at him, his face already a long time not turned in my direction. 

The irony of his name sounding similar to the purple cat was one thing, but the fact that he had to watch the movie in order to recognize himself in the character and spraying his name on there was really mind-boggling.

I tried so hard to not giggle at his surprising action, but I just couldn't hold it in. My laughter filled the room, my body shaking from the rumbles and the knife digging painfully into me more. I propped my arm on my non-damaged leg, still sitting against the white wall, and leaned my head into my palm, still slightly wheezing the shit out of me.

I just hoped that nobody else is named Chishiya in this town, or this whole situation would be quite awkward. It was a rare name, I actually never heard it before. I wonder what it means...

Chishiya stopped upon hearing my laughter, staying still for a second and turning to me again, his facial expression perplexed. The corners of his mouth were frowning, his eyes asserting me. He raised an eyebrow, silently asking who the fuck was I to laugh at his name.

„You are an utterly strange woman." he ended up sighing out, not even bothering to ask the question on his mind, knowing that in my state I would probably laugh even more. He looked at my face a second longer, me finally starting to normalize my emotions, before walking to the dead woman's body.

He crouched down elegantly, gently patting the tagger's body, looking for god knows what. I finally stopped laughing, realizing that there is a soon to be rotten body a few meters away from me and embarrassed at my inconsiderate of his feelings. He did kinda save my life, well after me pushing him away from death, but still.

„Hey look, I'm sorry, but this whole situation is kinda stressing me out and... I think I'm actually losing a lot of blood." I looked at my red-stained thigh, the blood seeping from to wound almost to my knee. Chishiya didn't react to my statement, still focused on the uncomfortable task on his hand. I sighed, slightly bothered by the unresponsiveness, knowing that if he decides to not help me, I would bleed out on this floor and die.

„My name is Y/n L/n," I added after few seconds.

Chishiya snapped his head in my direction, his hands stopped moving, and his sharp eyes surprised. His mouth opened slightly, putting his tongue underneath his bottom lip softly, his bad habit of raising his eyebrows striking once again. His eyes shifted from me at the wall in front of him, glaring at it as if he was about to make a tough decision.

I guess we both have completely inappropriate reactions to how others are named.

„You look like I asked to fuc-"

Luckily for me, Arisu ran into the room cutting me off in my inappropriate and totally not funny comment. He was breathing heavily, both of his hands leaning against the door frame, his eyes panicked. Chishiya looked at the newcomer, a small paper I didn't even notice in his hand was quickly put in his pocket, unseen by Arisu.

„Y/n! You are," his relieved face turned into a grimace after the sight of my bloody state „alive." He quickly walked over to me, his hands flailing around and crouched beside me. „I got stabbed." I simply stated the obvious, still staggered by the fact that I forgot about Arisu. I didn't even think about him once while I was with Blondie, his presence compelling me to not only forget about my state but also forget about the people I knew.

I didn't know if I should be scared or impressed at how great he was at making me oblivious to the world around me, forcing me unconsciously to focus only on his not so sweet words.

„Where is Karube?" I wondered knowing that if he is dead, Arisu would be having a mental breakdown somewhere rather than being here with me. But who knows, people are different than they seem.

He let out a shaky breath, looking down on the floor, his hands falling from my shoulders slowly.„He is alive, but Y/n, he got shot in the shoulder. We don't know in what state the wound is, but it is bleeding quite a lot. We hope the bullet came out or we don't know what to do." he finally looked at me, a lone tear sliding down his soft cheek. He sniffed, his hand wiping the snot under his nose.

„We are going to our shelter where Shibuki and Chota are, but with your situation, I don't know what to do." he sighed out desperately, with me knowing that they would have to leave me here to wait. „Arisu, don't worry about me. It's not even that bad," I lied convincingly through the pain „the knife is small and I can probably walk."

He looked at me in disbelief, his eyes jumping from my injury to my face. The boy didn't want to leave the girl here, a knife in her leg, alone and vulnerable. But Karube was bleeding out fast, and if he didn't choose quickly, he can pass out and Arisu wouldn't have the strength to carry him. Besides he only knew the person in front of him for only two days, her also abandoning them after the game.

But Arisu was Arisu, a good-hearted kid who wouldn't want to leave someone to die. But before he could make out a plan a captivating voice was heard behind him.

It was Blondie.

„Don't worry about her and go help your friend." he took a deep breath, the next sentence foreign on his tongue „I'll take her to my place and patch her up." Chishiya said after getting fed up with the undecisive boy. He didn't really have the mood to do a medic for random people, but after hearing Y/n's very familiar name, he decided to help the deranged girl.

Arisu stood up, looking at the blonde familiar man, surprised by his offer. Chishiya was leaning against the only clean wall, his hands placed in the pockets of the jacket, one earpiece blasting music in his ear. They were having a staring contest, Arisu ending up even in a more tough situation. Leave her behind or let her go with some unknown, possibly dangerous man.

Chishiya rolled his eyes, even more aggravated by the boy. He sometimes wonders why he hates people much, but this reminded him that they are undeniably clueless. So at last, he simply shrugged his shoulders, before turning around heading straight to the door.

That man is...

Unbelievable.

„Okay! Okay, you can help her," Arisu panickedly yelled, his eyes finding my disheveled state and deciding the best thing he could do is hope that the man isn't a psychopathic killer.

„Y/n, our shelter is in the mall that was next to our first games building, if you need anything...Please come." Arisu said staring at me, nodding his head, looking like he did it more at himself and his decision rather than me. I lazily bobbed my head too, my concussions slipping minute by minute.

„Bye..." he hesitantly patted my hair and went out in a second, hoping that Karube was fine. He quickly looked at Chishiya again, who was still leaning against the wall, giving a small nod in the reassurance of my safety at the black-haired boy.

That's all that was needed for Arisu to flee the bloody room.

                                                   ..................................

Literally nothing happened in this chapter lol