chapter 47

„This-" Mira stopped, gulping. „-isn't the majority of votes." Niragi chuckled at her almost naive response, slowly prancing like an animal to her side with a twirl, landing right next to her disturbed but nevertheless calm face. Everybody's attention was now on the wolf and the sheep, almost finding the position ironic as I gazed at the duo. Wasn't she the one who literally put him in this world?

„It is, isn't it?" he mused out with an overdramatic exasperated look on his face, putting his gun under her chin almost immediately. „You are free to vote after all." Niragi said dangerously, sticking his tongue out and licking his lips, the silver piercing glistening in the bright sun. I was glad that I could only see a sliver of the scene, or maybe I would actually puke.

Mira hesitantly lifted her hand up in the air, her expression turning into an almost scared one, her red-tinted lips twisting downwards. There was a few seconds of silence, only seeing the quarter of Niragi's face as he just stared forward, cocking his head to the side a little bit.

„What about the former Number two over there?" The edged tone of the man I once considered my best friend sent shivers down my spine, folding my arms in front of my stomach loosely. „What will you do?" Niragi continued to taunt Keiichi, from the look on his wrinkled face it was obvious that he will obey his commands.

Even if he hesitated for a little bit, his eyes skimming around him as he thought out his options, the man lifted his hand up elegantly, becoming the third vote for Aguni. It was of course still not enough if we are talking about the fair game, Niragi smirking emotionlessly before turning around to face our direction.

I could feel the power radiate from him, the random boy standing by the side raising his hand immediately as Niragi glanced at him with uninterested glint spoke values, the common people who didn't really know him seeing him only as a crazed killing machine. But as Niragi slit his eyes and glared at us, even my knowledge of his persona was not enough to battle the fear I felt in the moment.

„What about you?"

His voice was louder as he stepped closer to the three of us, feeling Arisu jump back a little bit while I and Chishiya held our positions steadily, even if we both felt different feelings as Niragi pointed his gun at the blonde man next to me. But Blondie just lazily tipped his head in his direction, his hair reflecting every shine that went through the glass panel on his right.

Niragi furrowed his eyebrows and snatched the gun swiftly down, walking up even closer, the two of my male companions staring down at each other heatedly. „Are you looking down on us, Chishiya?" the question ringed in the air, my gaze steadily focused on their interaction, ready to interrupt them once again if things go in a way I don't appreciate.

„But you guys are really stupid." 

Oh no. 

After Chishiyas casually said comment, I gulped harshly, even if he looked like he was relaxing under the sun rather than being basically on a death row, I was still worried about his safety. Sometimes he was extra and too cocky, but subconsciously I knew that he would never do anything that was beyond his capacity. And the lazy smirk he gave to Niragi - the feline eyes, made him look like he was enjoying the attention.

But Niragi certainly wasn't pleased with the reaction, swiftly yanking himself into his face, the long neck pointed directly on Chishiya's throat. „Those eyes of yours really piss me off." the taller man let out almost dejectedly, a strand of hair falling into his face as he gazed down at his opponent. „They are so condescending." 

I sucked in a sharp breath and stepped back a little bit as both of them intensely held the eye contact, the floor creaking slightly as my heel shuffled on the ground. Niragi snapped his head to me, opening his mouth as he shifted his eyes between me and Chishiya. What I didn't expect was for him to grab my shoulder harshly, flipping my whole stumbling body and pressing my back flush against his chest.