chapter 12

TW: 2402 words D:

I shuffled to the white door eager to get in the shower. I opened the door, trying to be quiet as possible and shutting it behind me. My back leaned on it automatically, tired in all senses. It was completely dark, seeing nothing since there was no window for moonlight to shine through. I sighed, enjoying the little moment of Chishiya-free zone, before finally coming back to reality.

My hand reached to the side, trying to find the light switch in the black abyss around me. My fingers finally grazed an object attached to a wall, turning the little thing on. The room was suddenly flooded with harsh white light, burning my eyes slightly. The bathroom was surprisingly fine, even gorgeous I would say. The walls were painted with orange and purple tones, tiles were attached at some section. Graffiti was also scattered across the whole room.

It was definitely my style.

There were three sinks, attached together with a long sprayed counter. Above them were two long mirrors, with letters and small cartoons on them. There was only one stall, the unidentified number of the rest gone. Instead of them, there was an improvised shower. It looked normal, only at the top there was some weird bump, probably the limited water system. The towels were on a rack next to it.

Luckily for me.

I examined the room a little bit more, the thought that Blondie was a creep that sets up cameras in the bathroom, not beyond him. As I said a few hours ago, people are not what they seem. When I surprisingly didn't find anything suspicious, I carefully took off my hoodie, throwing it in the nearest corner. I didn't care, it was dirty and I don't have time to wash it with my hands. I can just go to some random store and borrow ten like them.

I walked to the switch, noticing other buttons there, colorful buttons. I clicked the Y/f/c one, the whole room following its command. It was so cool, and that's why I had doubts about this being actually Chishiya's place. But after further consideration, I realized that I didn't want to think about Blondie, so I just rather focused on my reflection in the doodled mirror.

My hands gripped the counter, my form leaning towards the seemingly transparent metal. I didn't have any dirt on my face fortunately, my hair a little bit messy but nothing horrible. I had only my sports bra on, the colorful shine mixing with my bare skin. My eyes moved from my body in the reflection, finding the drawings on the side more interesting.

Curse words, anime characters, slogans, deep lyrics, rainbows, dicks-

Wait.

Is that what I think it is? My head quickly dipped to the corner of the mirror, analyzing the shocking discovery. In a blue pen, there was the familiar signature, sloppily written but still precisely making my heart beat faster. I shook my head not understanding how.

There was a name. Kuina.

How did that appear there? She didn't drink in the real world, and would never go to a club. Kuina was always the better from the two of us, saying a firm no to any addictive substance and parties. She was introverted, mostly enjoying only my company, not bothering to fuck with other people in any sense of the word.

Is she in this world too? I stumbled a little bit at the possibility, suddenly feeling sick to my stomach. Even if we didn't say goodbye on the best terms, I definitely didn't want her to experience this nightmare. She was too wholesome for that, me being the more gory one.

I shook my head at the ridiculous propositions. I didn't see her in two years, of course she probably changed and started to drink, her age finally hitting the number 18. I smiled a little bit at the thought, always wondered how she is doing now, what her probably new best friend is like.