chapter 22

The stars above us were bright, the clouds disappearing for the night, showing the universe's glory. The cold wind hit our cheeks, my arms were crossed over my chest, while Chishiya's hands were placed in his pockets lazily. My eyes glanced at his profile side, his steps matched my slower speed, the pavement crunching underneath us from the pressure.

His hood was on, the strands of his hair framing his face, some bending around the hem of the white fabric on his head. One of his earbuds were in, blasting some hard music unbothered, probably not having any ambition to lead a conversation with me. I pouted, turning my head to the front again, the lights of the Beach already seen in the distance.

We left about 20 minutes ago, Chishiya not leaving me to even breathe out before he dragged me outside in the cold, taking me on a walk like a dog. No words were spoken since then, only the sound of the whooshing wind against my ears and the obnoxious music were heard between us.

Sometimes he would glance at me from the corner of his eyes as if making sure I was still following his lead. We were crossing the bridge, the water painted with all the colors of the rainbow, the light from the Beach reflecting on the river. My mind drifted to the accident that happened with Blondie in his room today, his hot breath hitting the corner of my mouth, the heat being the opposite of his cold exterior.

Something just didn't seem right with his actions sometimes. We barely knew each other for 3 days, and he already wanted to make out with me? Wasn't he supposed to be the clever guy that stops at nothing by Mira's words? I hope I wasn't stupid to think that Chishiya isn't the most genuine with me.

In all honesty, I didn't care much. After all, even I was lying to his face the whole time.

My hand grazed the railing as we walked, already near the end of the sturdy bridge. I could hear the Beach's loud music from here, playing party songs as if it was an ordinary Friday night. They better have soundproof rooms or my sleep schedule will get more fucked up than it already is.

Suddenly a hand grabbed my shoulder lightly, forcing me to stop in my stride. I looked slowly from the fingers next to my neck at Blondie, who stood motionlessly beside me, his mouth opened but nothing coming out. He quickly retrieved the hand, not wavering a second, before he started talking.

„I know you are friends with Niragi, but be cautious with him." he stopped for a moment and let out an annoyed huff. „I don't know in which state he was when you have last seen him, but this man could slaughter the whole Beach without any regrets." Blondie looked me in the eyes sharply, nodding his head slightly at his own statement, before he started walking in our original direction.

I pursued my lips, trying to find any insincerity in his words, but coming up with nothing. Niragi himself told me that he would kill me if I make a mistake around him, there is no doubt that he is a dangerous deranged individual who doesn't play around.

I bit my lip, catching up with Chishiya, the Beach now only a small distance away from us. I could see figures dancing and talking, the loud chatter already hurting my ears with the combination of the bass from the music. Everyone had swimsuits on beside us, already feeling like an outsider in this easy looking place.

As we walked inside the noble decorated hall, I could feel the eyes of others blatantly gazing at me, whispering something between each other, some girl even pointing her finger in our direction. I furrowed my eyebrows, not really understanding why would a new member be so interesting or shocking. Aren't there like 250 people here?

But after we walked upon the stairs, coming across a bunch of people yet again, I realized that they didn't really whisper about me being a new member, but the fact that Chishiya had a 'girl on his leash'. The players were extremely loud and mannerless creatures, hearing every word they said. So was he the outsider here? The respected? The weird blonde dude that doesn't talk? I was insanely interested in his status in this doom hole.