chapter 28

I recoiled after I heard the message, putting my arms across my chest slowly. My eyes gazed on the little black box, the static noise still coming from it mildly, looking for any answers to the questions that flooded my head. New members weren't probably something surprising, but the fact that their purpose of coming here was unknown is a clear sign that something is probably about to go down.

I heard a shuffling of fabric from my side, my eyes traveling to the wounded and tired-looking Chishiya quickly, for a second forgetting his existence. „Are you going there?" I asked curiously, knowing that he will probably need my help walking there if he wanted to attend to the weird situation that occurred. He looked up at me from his sitting position, before wordlessly nodding and standing up on his own.

I took a step back, not intertwining in his movement since he would probably push me away or say something mean like he always did. He held steady, his hand coming on his bandaged wound before he looked at the floor behind me. „My hoodie is covered in blood." Chishiya declared, my head snapping to the place where the piece of white and red fabric laid in a dishevelled state before I looked back in his eyes questioningly

His look was neutral, not giving me any sign or gesture to say what he wanted me to do before I realized, my eyes looking down at the hoodie that was hanging on my shoulders. I put it on before I talked to Kuina, not even realizing that I did that, the jacket as if natural on my body. I mean it was his, after all, I don't even think he gave me it rather than just letting me borrow it for a day.

„Oh..." I let out before I pointed at the black fabric on my chest. „You want this?" I asked in confirmation, needing some verbal affirmative. He smirked slightly at my words and looked down where my finger was directed, before a strand of his hair fell in his face. „Yes, my hoodie." he finally said and gazed into my eyes again, my hands immediately reaching for the zipper, pulling it down.

And yet again, my life hates my own existence. This is getting really out of hand.

The little thing that glided on the zip went few inches down, yes, but then it suddenly stopped, my efforts to open the jacket in vain. Suddenly I felt hot in my face, the most childish and embarrassing thing that could happen to me in front of Chishiya taking its place, my fingers roughly trying to at least budge the zipper a little bit more.

I heard a deep exhale, my eyes still angrily glaring at the zip in my hands before I felt him come closer and grab my wrist. I snapped my head up at his approach, his whole body dangerously close to mine, the wrist that was snatched was roughly pulled down to my side, the unnaturally cold but soft-touch sending miserable shivers down my spine. His sharp eyes weren't looking at me though, focused on the zipper in his fingers, eyebrows furrowed.

He unsurprisingly pulled it down easily, his knuckles grazing my swimsuit-covered stomach momentarily before he opened the hoodie fully and finally looked up. His dark eyes got even more black, all of his hair framed his sharp face, the dark shadow around his lids giving him an edgy look. I opened my mouth slightly, completely dazzled by his rogue appearance, his eyebrows raising at my unresponsive self.

„Are you going to take it off or should I do that for you too?" he said calmly as if he was saying that seriously, but the stupid grin-like smirk told me that he was teasing me once again. Should I punch him in his disabled side or kiss him on the mouth? Both of those options would be satisfying, but I settled for a small glare in his direction, taking the hoodie off of my shoulders on my own accord.

I roughly stuck my hand with the scrunched-up dark attire in front of him, before he took it without a thank you and put it on slowly. The way he was slightly struggling gave me a sense of comfort, knowing that even if he acts unstoppable he still isn't some sort of an Ironman that is unkillable. After a few moments I heard a whoosh sound of the zipper, Chishiya's iconic white look completely demolished by the black hoodie.