chapter 15

I stood frozen in my spot, my eyes still keeping eye contact with Niragi leaning against the door. The moment was surreal, it seemed like a fever dream, a deja vu that shouldn't have happened. The memories flashed before my eyes, the bloody face he had at the start and the blood-covered hands he had at the end. The unresolved feelings about him resurfaced, and his eyes more sinister than the night it happened.

Chishiya looked at me puzzled, seeing my distressed expressions made him question my connection with Niragi. I wasn't scared entirely, knowing that I was probably the only person he wouldn't hurt, but who knows when he will snap even at me. The black-haired man roughly opened the door, his eye twitched slightly and he lowered the gun, pointing it at the floor.

Niragi was completely shocked at the sight of her face, Y/n always having a soft spot in his heart. He understood why she ran out and never came back after seeing the dead body on the cement floor, and he was glad that she didn't go down to the path he went as a 17-year-old.

So if she isn't completely tainted like him, why is she in this world, where the only goal is to cause suffering to others? I guess we are after all just different sides of the same coin.

Niragi wasn't as stupid as everybody portrayed him, only his strong survival instincts clouding his sharp mind. He didn't mind, knowing that being alive is better than dying clever. But Chishiya had both of those traits, knowing everything and stopping at nothing. He feared him sometimes, but he will never let anybody discover that.

Chishiya stepped away from the door and walked to the counter, interested in the fact that Y/n knew a few of the most influential people on Beach. That could be quite beneficial for him, manipulating her to manipulate the foolish, maybe breaking their hearts in the process.

He smirked at the thought, wonderful ideas forming in his dark mind.

„Y/n, what a pleasant," Niragi looked me up and down, smirking slightly in my way „surprise." He then walked up to my face, only a few inches separating us. I narrowed my eyes, the man didn't change at all in the span of 3 years, still flirty and melancholic.

„When did you get here? How?" I asked the man the burning questions, still trying to comprehend that he is in this world with me, knowing Blondie and having a rifle in his hand. Niragi stepped back, his smirk getting bigger, before plopping down on the couch.

He threw the gun in the spot next to him, still touching his side before he put one elbow on the armrest and leaning his cheek on his palm. Niragi licked his lips before he started speaking. „I appeared here around 5 months ago and-" he stopped abruptly, his eyes snapped to Chishiya and then at me.

„Ey! What are you doing here with that egoistical prick?" he straightened up at his realization, before a mischievous glint sparked in his eyes. „Chishiya," his head looked at him lazily, „I thought you liked being a virgin." he snickered at his own comment, before putting his legs on the table in front of him, crossing them at ankles.

Chishiya opened his mouth slightly, looking away annoyed, the desire to burn him alive even more prominent than 5 minutes ago. „Why did you come to my base?" the blonde boy asked him emotionlessly, wanting him to get the fuck out immediately. His hands gripped the counter tighter, the veins popping up with blueish colors.

„Some traitors tried to kill one of the members of the martial sect, unsuccessfully of course. Hatter thinks they are a bigger group, maybe even trying to steal the cards. I have been sadly assigned to watch over you." Niragi said lazily, yawning in the middle, not really bothered by the rebellion.

I snapped my head at him, not understanding the rules or hierarchy of Beach, assuming the Hatter is the leader. Do all people reference themself as a character from Alice in Wonderland? The guy must be quite unhinged if the name lines up with his persona. I leaned against the island counter, Blondie was behind me on the other side, few inches to the left.