Chapter 8: Food Fight

(Author/Red: This is what Lily wears in this chapter

(Author/Red: This is what Lily wears in this chapter.)

(Author/Red: This is what Scarlett wears in this chapter, but the shirt is a dark purple

(Author/Red: This is what Scarlett wears in this chapter, but the shirt is a dark purple.)

Scarlett's Point of View

At the Youth Center, we were having our annual food festival where people would come and buy some food.

This year we wanted new equipment for the children's playground. Uncle Ernie comes in with a couple of pies in his hands.

"Oh yeah." He speaks.

"Here let us help you with that." I say to him as I ran up to him and take the other big plate soon Lily came up to us and he lets her hold the other one.

"Thanks Lily, and Scarlett." Ernie says.

"No problem." The two of us said in unison.

"This is really looking good." Ernie says as we went further inside.

We see a couple of women dressed in these hula skirts like they were in Hawaii.

"It is pretty cool." I said with Lily nodding, smiling.

"Hi Ernie." The girls said as they walked over to us.

"Where do you want these pies, Uncle Ernie?" Lily asked him.

"Just put them over them." Ernie says as he points to an empty table.

"You got it." I said as we did what we were told.

Then Lily went off to see her friends Maria and Jack near one of the booths to get ready as I see Mr. Kaplan talking to my friends so I walked over to them.

"Yes, we should raise a lot of money or the preschool and daycare center." Trini says.

"Oh, what's this?" Mr. Kaplan asks as he tries to touch one of the foods.