Chapter 40: The Green Candle Pt. 2

Scarlett's Point of View

"I don't believe this. Rita has linked my powers to a candle?" Tommy says.

"Yes and if the flame burns out while in her possession, you will be stripped of those powers and they will belong to Rita forever." Zordon explains.

"This is very bad." Lily says.

"Zordon, isn't there anything we can do?" Kimberly asks.

"Someone must journey into Rita's dark dimension and get the candle before it burns out." Zordon says.

"So how do I get there?" Tommy asks.

"You don't. Your presence would only accelerate Rita's spell, another ranger must go in." Zordon says.

"I'll go!" I stated suddenly.

"I'll go." Jason says suddenly.

"What?" Lily asked us.

"Forget it. No way." Tommy says.

"Look, it makes sense. I'm the only other ranger who's ever been there." Jason says as he tries to stop me from going.

"It's way too dangerous." Tommy says to him.

"Tommy's right." Lily says.

"It's too dangerous, I don't want you to go. I have been in tight spaces before the rest you became Rangers. I can go." I added.

"It's your only chance Tommy." Billy says.

"No. There's no other way I'm risking it if something happened to Jason or Scarlett because of me." Tommy says.

"Look Tommy, you're one of us. You're a power ranger man. I know Scarlett won't and I'm not gonna stand by and watch while we lose a team mate." Jason says I sighed knowing it was true.

"Jason speaks for all of us Tommy. Right Lily and Scarlett?" Trini says as Lily and I look down and sighed.

"Yeah." I said.

"He sure does." Lily says as she was now working with Alpha.

"Yeah." Zack says.

"Thanks man." Tommy says after a few seconds of silence .

"Zordon!" Alpha shouts.

"We found it!" Lily says.

"Found what?" Tommy asks.

"The molecular energy patterns left by the putties in the park." Alpha answers.

"Outstanding." Billy says.

"What are they talking about?" Zack asks.

"Alpha and Lily found the doorway to Rita's dark dimension." Billy explains as he made this invention to see if the doorway would open.

"Ah, their ready." Billy says.

"Ay yi yi. I sure hope this works Lily and Billy." Alpha says.

"Same." Lily says as I stood next to Jason who sat down on top of the computer controls.

"I sure hope you do know what you're doing. Because if you don't come back to me in one piece. I don't know..." I started sighing.

"Relax Scarlett. I'll come back to you, I promise." Jason says.

"Whole heartedly?" I ask him.

"Yes." Jason answers.

"What are these things?" Kimberly asks.

"Molecular decoders." Billy replies.

"You see Alpha and I found traces of the putties' molecular pattern in the park with the help of Billy." Lily replies