Chapter 51: To Flea or Not to Flee

(Author/Red: This is what Lily is wearing in this chapter

(Author/Red: This is what Lily is wearing in this chapter.)

(Author/Red: This is what Scarlett is wearing in this chapter, but she has the wolf necklace on instead

(Author/Red: This is what Scarlett is wearing in this chapter, but she has the wolf necklace on instead.)

Scarlett's Point of View

Lily and I was so sad today. Well, not just sad... But upset. Uncle Ernie's place was going out of business soon.

Lily and I would be out of job and we won't be hanging at the Youth Center with my friends anymore. Yet we might not even have a house anymore.

"That "going out of business " sign is really depressing. I can't believe this place is really closing down." Zack says to both Kimberly and I as I stood behind the counter.

"Yeah. We had a lot of great times here, huh?" Kimberly asks as Lily and I sighed. We see Trini come over with an empty can.

"Hey Billy, how's it going with Ernie's books?" Trini asks.

"From the looks of these reports, Ernie's last quarter operating expenses far exceeded his revenues." Billy explains.

"Trini?" Kimberly asks.

"He's broke." Trini says.

"I can't believe this is happening." Lily said.

"What are we going to do to save this place?" I said.

"How much do we have in donations?" Trini asks.

"Enough for a burger and a shake." Zack answers.

"Poor Ernie. I have never seen him so bummed out." Kimberly says.

"Um, I'm thinking you missed the part when Lily and I's parents are gone." I say to her.

"Oh. I'm so sorry Lily and Scarlett, I didn't mean to." Kimberly apologized.

"It's fine Kimberly." Lily says to her.

"Hey guys, how's Ernie?" We heard and I looked up to see Jason now with us and...

'Was that a dog he was carrying?' I thought.

"Not too good." Trini answes.

"Where did you get the dog?" Zack asks.