63 ~ Next stop

We went back to the car and saw that Aiden was still fast asleep. We got in as quiet as possible. Our journey to see the canyons has officially started. The only thing we needed to do when we would be in the next city is going on a shopping trip for Aiden, as he didn't bring clothes with him.

"Harry, how long will it be to the next city?"

"I think 4 hours."

"Ugh all right, do you have a game console for Aiden in one of your bags?"

"No I don't, can't he just play games on your phone?"

"I guess but it needs to be charged when we arrive at the our first stop."

"I think that will be okay. I mean Aiden's asleep for now anyway."

"That's true." after that he focussed on the road and I looked out the window to see the beautiful nature around us. I must say that I truly love the nature in America, it's like nothing else. I could watch this forever, without ever getting bored but maybe that's something every tourist would say.

"Harry, we need to stop because I really need to pee." I said with urgency, which made him chuckle.

"You have to wait till the next stop, love. We can't just stop here for you to pee in the wilderness. I think that's illegal." He joked, normally I would find this funny but I really needed to go. This is why I hated being stuck in a car for so long.

"Mommy." I heard Aiden mumble from the backseat. I looked behind me and saw that he was still sleeping. I immediately wondered what he was dreaming, then I saw tears on his cheeks. "Harry please stop for a second, there is something wrong with Aiden." I whispered.

"What is it then?"

"I'm not sure but he is crying." Harry pulled over immediately, which gave me the change to get out and get into the back. I could've climbed to the backseat but as we have been driving for at least 3 hours my limbs were a bit stiff.

"Aiden, sweetie, wake up please." I said softly to him, whilst pulling him in my arms. He opened his eyes but the look in his eyes was one of a deer looking in the headlights. He was thoroughly shaken by his dream. "It's all right, it was just a dream." I said whilst stroking his back, It broke my heart when he literally made himself small in my arms. "Do you want to tell me, what you were dreaming about?"

"It was about my mommy."

"What happened to her sweetheart?"

"My daddy hurt her and when I tried to get to her, my daddy took me away from her."

"I'm so sorry, where is your mommy now?"

"She has gone away." I realised what he was saying and I felt my heart aching in my chest. His father had murdered his mother, the poor little kid. How could someone do this to an other and that in front of a little boy. "You're safe now, sweetie." I hugged him a bit tighter. I met Harry's eyes in the rear view mirror and I saw the shock in his green eyes.

"We will reach a stop in 5 minutes Sam." I felt my bladder almost jump in joy because that reminded me that I needed to pee. "Thank god." I said, which made the mood a bit better in the car. Even Aiden had to laugh at that. After those 5 minutes I was on the verge of bursting and that would not be a pretty sight. When Harry stopped the car I literally jumped out of the car and ran inside the building.

I washed my hands afterwards, thinking about the relief I felt when I was done. I really had hold it in too damn long. I was hoping that we were near the first city but on the looks of it, it would take at least one more hour before we would be in the next town.